Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Lens Effects causes the whole image to be rendered again

Hi all,

I am trying to add a VRay Lens Effects to an interior visualisation image. So I set up a VRay Lens Effects in the Environment and Effects tab, I activate it, I turn on "Bloom" with default settings, "Render Element Only" mode to have more flexibility to play with in post production, and render. When the render is done, I tweak the Lens effects settings, and, when I click on the "Update effect" button, it causes the whole image to render again !
    Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong please ?
    Thank you,
    BOKEH Studio

havent used it in a while, but isnt there an "interactive" checkbox? i guess thats what you are looking for.
    www.short-cuts.de

Comment

the interactive one gives result on the fly.

i never had a re-render with this, only MAX crashes right away if i add bloom or glare, if its not added BEFORE in final render.
      Last edited by mario74; 12-04-2013, 05:58 AM. Reason: english :)

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately it doesn't work: I now ticked "Interactive" and hit render. When render is finished, VRay Lens effects is applied, all right. But I can't tweak it: I change bloom and/or glare settings but nothing changes in the VFB, so it is definitely not interactive at all and if I don't tick Interactive checkbox I still have to render the whole image again ...
        BOKEH Studio

Comment

you are in VFB at Glare, like you selected "render element only" and hit update?

interactive should refresh your tweaks right away...

Comment

Hmm, then its case for vlado I just tried it with a very simple scene and interactive did the trick for me, i can tweak it without re-rendering and the effect is visible in the vray framebuffer.
            www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Well ... This is quite weird ... It works fine now: I don't know what happened as I didn't change anything in my scene since the last time I opened it. Anyway, when I opened it this morning, I deleted the VRayLens effects and added a new one to go on a clean basis. Then I rendered and tweaked the effect with full interactivity: no problems anymore. I must say that I didn't use the "interactive" checkbox.
              Thank you for your support guys and have a nice week !
              BOKEH Studio

Comment

Working...
              X