Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mo-blur: way, way slower to render at higher shutter speeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo-blur: way, way slower to render at higher shutter speeds?

Not sure if this to be expected, I don't use mo-blur that often. Trying to shorten up some motion trails, but as I advance the shutter speed (Vrayphysical camera for the blur) the render is stalling out. Going from 200 to 400 literally crippled the render - had to kill it.

Is that normal/expected? Seems to me it would render faster as there was less blur?

/b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Surely you can't be seeing much motion blur at speeds that fast?
    Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

You wouldn't think so, but if I wasn't seeing it I wouldn't have bothered to post

Testing indicates that the mo-blur samples (in the Vray properties) need to be radically tuned down as the blur length becomes shorter or the render times really spike. Expected?

b
      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

Seems a bit odd alright - you'd think that with the samples of the object being closer together with the reduced motion blur time that the samples would be closer together and thus easier to clean?

Comment

you would think , but it doesnt seem to be working that way. Anyone confirm?

b
          Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

What way is your scene lit Brett - any other factors that might be involved? Things like highlights, hdrs, reflections?

Comment

whats you ISO set at?
              PLAY
              www.kriscabrera.com
              kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

Can you post a sample scene ?
                Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Sorry guys - don't know why but am not getting any topic update emails all of a sudden.

@John: it was lit with Vraylights, lots of reflections and refractions - but that stuff was consistent, just the shutter speed was changing.

ISO - can't remember now, but was probably around 200-400

Scene: I can, but I have to do it next week now. I am badly crunched for time and had to do the mo-blur in post to get by. WIll do though!
                  Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

I wonder is it that the more focused (less motion blurred) the objects were, the higher the concentrations of very bright values was and thus harder on the sampler?

Comment

Working...
                    X