X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IES files ( vray or photometric) pathing and rendering issues

Max 2012
    Vray 2.30.01

Having an issue where ies files lose their paths on local machines, although appear to test render properly.
    Sometimes the IES lights do render from the IES file on the farm, but their multiplier/intensity is severely reduced.

This problem exists on the VrayIES light as well as the Max photometric light.

Anyone been through this issue?

Thanks

I found the issue/bug.

The pathing was never an issue. All paths point correctly, it is only when you click on the "browse" box from the IES light, it will point to your root max file directory. The asset tracking shows the correct path.

Now the real issue I had with severely reduced brightness: If you render without motionblur, the levels are correct. If you turn on motion blur through the render dialog, it will render very dim. The work
    around is to use a VrayPhysical cam and render motion blur through the camera options. That fixed it and all levels w/wo motion blur are correct.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Insleight,

Would it be possible to provide more details about the issue with different brightness produced by the IES lights when motion blur is enabled?
      In simple test with the same software versions i can't reproduce it. Is it scene dependent or can be replicated with any new scene in your environment?
      Thank you in advance for your answer.
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

When the IES files are reloaded, intensity resets to value from IES file. Could be this the problem?

Comment

I have had the same problem, unfortunately did not have time to track it down. Do not think it was a Vray problem, but probably max losing track of the settings. I was using 2010 at the time and it was driving me nuts on a huge deadline. Currently I am using IES lights on a project on 2014 and fortunately I have not seen the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X