Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray FumeFX and distributed rendering

Heyho
    I'm currently working on a project where I have to use fumefx (sry not phoenixfd). My Problem is every time I try to render my image over the farm all other PCs totally ignore the lighting on the smoke simulation which results in a bunch of darker squares all over the sim. Is this a known issue or am I just doing something completely wrong. Normally I don't mind rendering fumefx stuff in scanline but I need to render a 12k image and its pretty reflection heavy so I at least need the reflections of the sim to be clean. Help would be appreciated
    Currently using vray 2.45.01 in max2014
    Cheers,
    Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

What kind of lights do you use? What kind of shadows do they have?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

For the sim I'm using 1 direct light with ray traced shadows and atmosphere shadows turned on.

*edit* I just switched my light back to vray shadows and now it works. Odd thing I changed it to ray traced in the first place because the sim didn't show show any shadows when I tried it the first time.
      I didn't change anything just came back from an appointment and started working on the project again. Sorry for wasting everybodys time.

*edit2* Vlado just if you happen to look in this thread again. And I know this question greatly diverges from the original topic but is there something special you have to do that vray renders motionblur correctly with fumefx?
      Last edited by Mokiki; 04-06-2013, 09:08 AM.
      Cheers,
      Oliver

Comment

Hi,

*edit2* Vlado just if you happen to look in this thread again. And I know this question greatly diverges from the original topic but is there something special you have to do that vray renders motionblur correctly with fumefx?
        Motion blur doesn't work correct with Fume fluids at the moment, we are working on this issue.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Motion blur due to camera motion works fine. However FumeFX does not support proper 3d motion blur for the fluids at all. Whenever it does, the proper implementation and integration with V-Ray would be up to Sitni Sati; we can't do anything about that on our side.

(On a side note, Phoenix FD does support fluid motion blur.)

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Last edited by vlado; 05-06-2013, 08:51 AM.
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the answer Thashko. Now I can stop trying ;P
            Cheers,
            Oliver

Comment

Working...
            X