Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinking V-Ray frame buffer

Hi all,

I have this problem since a long time now but enough is enough, so I decided to post here: sometimes, not always, at the end of a render, the V-Ray frame buffer starts to blink and there is nothing to do except waiting until it stops blinking. It blinks approximately twice per second, sometimes faster. Quite annoying. It does not seem to happen more on a particular scene than on another and, given a scene where it happened, maybe it won't happen again.

Did anyone noticed the same problem ?
    VRay 2.40.03 max 2013 x64

Thx
    BOKEH Studio

Last post you have the solution i think:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...-on-big-scenes
    Facebook Offical Page

CG Online Portfolio:
    Gallery

Comment

Thanks. Aero is already disabled on my machine. By "Progressive refinement", you mean the little button on the bottom of max' UI which is called "Progressive Display" right ? It was on, I turned it off. And I cross the fingers. Let's see if it happens again.
      BOKEH Studio

Comment

Originally posted by AltoR View Post
        Thanks. Aero is already disabled on my machine. By "Progressive refinement", you mean the little button on the bottom of max' UI which is called "Progressive Display" right ? It was on, I turned it off. And I cross the fingers. Let's see if it happens again.
        Right click the viewport's display type "e.g. Shaded, Realistic" and go to options. Then disable PR. Adaptive Degradation is a different thing (that's the small cube icon near the Time controls).

By the way I have discovered that quite a lot of slow-downs and viewport issues with max happen due to lack of GPU VRAM. I have a couple of scenes open and my 2GB card is filled quickly. I've just ordered a 4GB card to see if I can get around this, at the expense of some speed (card was only £80!).
        Alex York
        Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
        www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

OK: I right clicked on display type, then I went to "Configure" (as I don't see "Options"), then "Display Performance", and then I ticked off "Improve Quality Progressively". I am not sure this is what you meant.
          BOKEH Studio

Comment

That's the one. Sorry my terminology was off.... lack of coffee!
            Alex York
            Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
            www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Thank you, hope I won't have anny blinking vfb anymore !
              BOKEH Studio

Comment

Working...
              X