Motion Blur + Thinking Particles + VRayPhysicalCamera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Blur + Thinking Particles + VRayPhysicalCamera

I'm having a problem with getting motion blur to work using thinking particles. Through a standard camera or perspective mode it works, but not through a VRayPhysical camera.

I saw another post, from February. It seems relevant, but I'm not totally clear if Ivaylo Katev's solution was to use standard cam with exposure control.
    http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ur+vray+camera

(I could use a standard cam, but the vray cam has slight vertical shift, and this is a separate pass - fortunately not many of the base frames have rendered, in case there isn't a fix. Mostly I'm curious / confused.)

Thanks....

Click image for larger version

Name:	perspective.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	877723Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayPhysicalCamera.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	877724

Are you using the last Vray version ? Ivaylo mentioned that the bug is fixed before the last official build came out, so the fix should be there.
    Another option is to use a Nightly Build version or one of the workarounds - use Global Motion Blur not those from the Vray Camera , or use VrayCamera without exposure control and enable it from Environment and Effects window.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Yes I'm on 2.40.03. Global motion blur [Render Setup - Camera] doesn't work with or without camera's motion blur checked.

Comment

The new service pack 2.40.04 has just came out:
        http://chaosgroup.com/en/2/news.html?single=539

Could you please try to do the same tests with the new version?
        Let us know if the issue still persists.
        Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 13-06-2013, 03:49 AM.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I think you just need to make sure that the physical camera mode is set to "Movie camera" and that the shutter offset and shutter angle are both such that the motion blur interval is inside a single frame.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That very well could be the culprit. Unfortunately after changing the camera type to Movie, the results weren't anything like what rendered from a standard cam, but I'm not very familiar with the Movie Camera's settings.

Still cameras don't allow motion blur?

Caleb

Comment

Originally posted by maxedesa View Post
              That very well could be the culprit. Unfortunately after changing the camera type to Movie, the results weren't anything like what rendered from a standard cam, but I'm not very familiar with the Movie Camera's settings.

Caleb
              They do allow moblur, but it's typically much longer than a single frame and the velocity information for TP is lost.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by maxedesa View Post

Caleb
                They do allow moblur, but it's typically much longer than a single frame and the velocity information for TP is lost.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X