Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refractions not affected when Affect background is set to OFF

Hi,

i am currently composing some architecture onto a back plate photo, and whenever i disable affect background, so my back plate does not get affected by color mapping, it works correctly only for directly visible environment, but background in refractions is still affected and therefore a lot darker than directly visible background.

I can not figure out what am i doing wrong I have been both googling and searching this forum, and while there are numerous discussions on this topic, i have not been able to find a single straightforward and working solution.

Hi,

I don't think that you are doing something wrong, this is the way it works.
    All reflection/refraction rays are color corrected depending on the settings you have specified. Therefore detaching the background from the color mapping will lead to differences between the environment color and the color visible through refractive objects.

However, you can test the following approach on your scene. The colors are not exactly the same but maybe it will work for you.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	337.7 KB
ID:	847837

There is a plane behind the sphere with Light material and environment texture (screen mapping).
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Or you can use a custom version of the same map in the Reflection override.
      Alex York
      Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
      www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X