3ds max 2014 + SP2 +BB 2014 + DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds max 2014 + SP2 +BB 2014 + DR

does anybody have problems to render a scene over BB and DR too?
    BB manger does always kill the job with error 109 after the IR prepass. I can't render the beautypass...!

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

I'm recently having a lot of problems with backburner. I had error 109 : The pipe has been ended - yesterday with one particular scene. Yet to resolve !
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Test with a simple scene here was rendered without any issues - could you please try to first render something simple in order to find out if the issue is scene-dependent or there is something wrong with BB or Vray.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I've thrown quite a few complex scenes with at least 30 XRefs using over 40GB of memory and all has rendered great. I haven't had any issues other than dealing with the new crappy RPC licensing scheme.
        Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
        Midwest Studios

Comment

hi all

thanks for helping or/and ideas.
          I have merged the whole scene into a new one, and voilà, it renders without problems!
          I should have done this first before I have tried other things...

best regards
          themaxxer
          Pixelschmiede GmbH
          www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

That's odd. It make me wonder if one of the external files was missing a link to a texture or something along those lines. That's very strange!
            Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
            Midwest Studios

Comment

one of my render nodes has decided to start having this error too!

3dsmax 2014 sp5, bb2014. vray 3.00.3
              3dsmax adapter error: the pipe has been ended.: 109

this is the error from back burner and the vray DR spawner just crashes and loads 3dsmax every few seconds all of a sudden on this one computer.

Very annoying.

A full uninstall / reinstall did not fix it, updating nic drivers did not fix it, updating to bb2014.03 did not fix it.

running out of options other than a full rebuild.
              WerT
              www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

the exact error we were getting is:

ERR Application unload timeout (0 minutes)
                INF Adapter returned unexpected code -2 for "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max Design 2014\maxadapter.adp.exe" "-o" "shutdown" "-1" "info"
                ERR Unknown Error
                WerT
                www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I think you need to delete the BB preferences in c:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Local\backburner

Even if you uninstall and re-install the prefs stay so doing this manually should resolve it. It did for me.
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

an easy way to clear all of the backburner settings is to delete the "manager name or IP address" and close the server. Then if you open the server again nothing will appear as it is clearing the settings and then the next time you open it add your manager details and then everything "should" work
                    I get this issue every now and then and this little fix works.
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, this did not fix the problem however.

I think the problem goes beyond backburner, because DR does not work, the 3dsmax.exe process just pops up and down like a yoyo.

also tried running 3dsmax as a 30 day trial and I cannot load 3dsmax without the application has encountered an error would you like to try to save a copy of your scene (which is just the blank starting scene).

So strange that this has just started happening on this slave. Especially strange that it is happening after reinstalling max!

I'll see if anyone has any other suggestions, before i try a rollback on windows updates and stuff like that and ultimately a full rebuild over the weekend.
                      WerT
                      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
                      X