Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayDisplacement merged into scene with different units

Hi all

I have a scene with unit scale of mm. My material has displacement and also my object has VRayDisplacement Modifier on it, set to use object MTL. Everything looks pretty and works as it should.

However, when I merge this object into a scene which has meter as the unit scale, the displacement no longer works. I even tried re-modelling the object and recreating the material and displacement modifier, but still no joy

The settings are the same in both scenes except for the system unit, but for the life of me I can't get it to work. (the displacement amount is the same in both scenes, but even if I increase the amount in the meter scene, its almost asif it doesnt have ANY AFFECT)

Anything I should check?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

I run a simple tests on scenes with different units and everything worked fine here.
    Could you please prepare two scenes with different unit-setup with a simple primitive using VrayDipslacementMod and send it to us for investigation?
    What are the Vray/3DSMax versions you are using ?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

You should try the old "error in transforms" routine:

Create a box, attach your object to the box ( now your object inherits transforms from box). Delete the box and apply UV map and displacement now.
      Hope this might help.

Zoran

Comment

Working...
      X