X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! V-Ray Licence for render slave

Hey guys,

Please help!

I have been having an absolute nightmare the last 4 days trying to set my computer up to work with a render slave.
    This one to be precise (http://cdn2.digitalartsonline.co.uk/...6/RS-D2850.jpg) *Recommended by everyone in the 3D World for Architectural Rendering!

I appreciate this site is specifically intended for Vray questions so I will keep my question related, but if anyone has ever set up a single render slave to work with 3Ds Max, Backburner and Vray, please get in touch asap! I would love to hear from you as the customer support I have received lately from the companies involved has been unbelievably poor!! (Happy to do a Skype session!)

Ok, so forgive me if I sound a bit of a noob here, but my experience with setting up a render slave is next to none.
    In the last few days I have worked out how to transfer 3Ds Max (deployment version) over to the render slave and set up the Backburner. At this point, V-Ray has just been installed on the slave and it now requests that I set up the location for the V-Ray license server to activate it. How do I do this? I assume this is looking for a path to the dongle on my main computer? Do I need a second dongle to activate V-Ray on the render slave? If so, how do I get hold of one? If not, how do I direct the path to the license server that is in C:// drive on my main machine??

I have been following along with the V-ray guide for installation on a slave (http://www.vray.us/vray_documentatio...singvray.shtml) but I don't understand what to do.

Thank you in advance for all who get involved with this query!

Regards, jonm4y

PS I have attached an image of what is currently being displayed on the render slave monitor. I dont know if this helps, but it may do

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	510.6 KB
ID:	878627

On the render server, when V-Ray asks for the license server address, you need to enter the IP address (or the computer name) of the machine where the dongle is installed and where the V-Ray license server is running. You do not need to have a second dongle. If you don't know what's the IP address or the computer name of the machine with the dongle, let me know and I'll explain how to find it.

Best regards,
    Vlado

P.S. Isn't it odd that these types of posts always come in on the week end Our support guys will be happy to arrange a Skype session, but this will need to happen on Monday.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

thank you so much for you reply. I just wrote a more concise version of my question with images.
      Please click this link to see it.

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...m-Render-Slave!

Hopefully this will explain it much clearer.

Regards, jonm4y

Comment

To fix the "Cannot save settings" error: go to Start menu > All programs > Chaos Group > V-Ray for 3ds Max > Licensing > Administration > Right click on the "Change V-Ray client license settings" shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" - then enter the license server data and click OK. It should be able to save the new settings without errors.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Forgot to mention that you will need to restart 3ds Max after changing the settings.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Fantastic!!!
            V-Ray accepted...
            its just rendering a black scene at the mo, but im just gonna check with a light and see if thats the cause!
            thanks again, i'll be straight back if i cant get it running

regards,

jonm4y

Comment

Absolutely amazing!!! so happy right now!!!

right, all i gotta do is install forest pack pro on my render slave and I'm off!!!

thank you so much for your help! ive been hitting my head off a brick wall lately trying to find answers! (not literally!) lol

regards,

jonm4y

Comment

Vlado

I am running into the same issue with a new render slave node and Vray not finding the license. I have attached a screen cap of what I see and how I have it set up. I am running Win8.1. Could there be an issue there?
                Attached Files

Comment

What kind of error message are you getting?

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Does it help if you switch your firewall off?

I set up some rendernodes yesterday and noticed none of them finds the vray licence, which is set up correctly and running. It turned out the problem is the windows firewall on the computer which hosts the licence. At the moment, I'm trying to figure out how to solve this. Strange, never had this before.

Comment

Yes! Thank you Bibi5000. I remember that from awhile ago. We should just be able to add it to the saved/safe programs on the firewall. Many many thanks!

Comment

We will try to see if there is a way to do this automatically during installation, like other programs do.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Great! Could you point us to the right firewall settings? I guess it would be helpful to have that written down here in the forum.

Comment

You should allow V-Ray license server through the Firewall. The port that it is using is 30304.
                            So on the machine where the license server is running please make sure that V-Ray License server is in the exception list.

For Windows you can check this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7
                            Last edited by tashko.zashev; 16-04-2014, 01:27 AM.
                            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                            X