Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraytoon as separate pass

Hello,
    Is there a solution to get the vraytoon on a separate pass (from the same render)?
    As it is an effect and not a render element, it affect the RGB pass but I will prefer to get the mix of toon and RGB on post prod.
    VrayTex did not support effect unfortunately.

Thanks

It is not an effect; it is an atmospheric and is computed during the rendering itself (not applied as post on top of the image). VRayToon will go into the Atmosphere render element, so you can extract it there if you want it separately.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Try the vray atmosphere element, it's not perfect and it'll still get burned into the beauty pass but it'll give you only the lines. It renders on black so you might have to set the line colour to white to give yourself a nice matte.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        It is not an effect; it is an atmospheric and is computed during the rendering itself (not applied as post on top of the image). VRayToon will go into the Atmosphere render element, so you can extract it there if you want it separately.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
          Try the vray atmosphere element, it's not perfect and it'll still get burned into the beauty pass but it'll give you only the lines. It renders on black so you might have to set the line colour to white to give yourself a nice matte.
          thanks, I progress but still, the RGB is affected by the toon atmospheric effect and as Valdo told me, because it is not an effect but an atmospheric, I doubt that the toon can be taken apart from the beauty pass.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately to get the toon in the same render it'd mean reconstructing the beauty. Best off just doing a white vraylight material override and doing a separate pass.

Comment

I agree with joconnell on this one. We always setup the toon as a separate pass. It allows for more freedom in post and it renders very fast.
              Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
              Midwest Studios

Comment

Working...
              X