Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installer says vray.exe is running.

Hi,

Is it possible to have vray installed for multiple max versions at the same time? I have 3dsmax 2012 installed and vray for it. Today I installed 3ds max 2014 in trial mode to see if all my required plugins works with 2014. When I was installing vray it says at the beginning that vray.exe is running and can't continue with the install. I have no idea what vray.exe installer is referring to. There is no vray prosesses running. I have booted my machine several times and tried to install after reboot but I get the same message every time. So is it possible to have vray for 3ds max 2012 and 2014 at the same time? If I have to uninstall it before installing for 2014 then I am not doing it at all.

Is it possible that you registered the V-Ray RT render server to run as a service? If yes, just stop it from the Services applet in the Control Panel. The installer should do this automatically, but who knows...

Other than that, it should not be a problem to have V-Ray installed for 3ds Max 2012 and 2014 at the same time.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thx vlado alot. When I read your reply it struck to me that I indeed registered vray rt but just didn't remember it. I removed it and installation continued right away. I am glad chaos group's customer care is top notch.

Comment

Working...
      X