A little help with new render nodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help with new render nodes

So I upgraded to vRay 3 with 6 render nodes. For now I have 3 computers I want to hook up. Two of them I'd like to work in Max with Vray, moving the dongle from each computer when needed. The third computer is just for DR. So what do I install on each computer? Two workstations and one slave? Something like that? Can I just install the full deal on all of them and still use two as slaves when I feel like it?

Heya

No you dont need to move ur dongle as long as the dongle is connected to computer that is ON and its on network. Then use that computer IP address as ur license location and you are fine. U can jump from pc to pc and have GUI anywhere you like. - or else I'm terribly wrong I'm not sure how V3 licensing work as its not on maya yet
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Like DADAL mentioned you don't need to move the dongle between the machines as long as they are on the same network, you have to just specify the IP address or computer name of the machine where the dongle is plugged from Change Vray Client License Settings.
      On the workstation machines you have to install Vray in Workstation installation mode for the slave-machine you could either use workstation or 3DSMax render slave installation type, they both will work fine but since slave machines are used only for rendering it would be better to use Render Slave type, if you intent to use it as a workstation from time to time use workstation type.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
      X