Vray 3.00.03 and ForestPro 2.1.6 Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.00.03 and ForestPro 2.1.6 Freeze

There seems to be a problem with the new ForestPro and Vray3. My 3ds max freezes if I cancel rendering of a specific scene. Here is the download link and the steps to reproduce this:

http://3dpictureworks.at/download/Testscene_max2014.zip

- Load scene
    - Go to frame 555
    - Press F9 to quick render
    - Cancel the rendering when the buckets reach the bottom left area (the forest objects) of the image -> 3ds max freezes

This happens only with enabled MotionBlur.

i think the latest forrestpack is 4.2.0b, which works with vray 3.

Comment

maybe katho3d means railclone? in which case there is a new version out, 2.2 which works with vray 3

http://www.itoosoft.com/railclone.php
      www.peterguthrie.net
      www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
      www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Since the beta may take some time yet, we have released a special build of Forest 4.1 with support for V-Ray 3.

Regarding the problem, i can reproduce it here. As far as i can see with the debugger, Max seems freezed within of the V-Ray core... no idea if the problem is related with Forest or not.
        As always, i'm willing to collaborate with ChaosGroup to solve this issue.
        Carlos Quintero
        iToo Software
        www.itoosoft.com

Comment

Originally posted by Itoosoft View Post
          Since the beta may take some time yet, we have released a special build of Forest 4.1 with support for V-Ray 3.

Regarding the problem, i can reproduce it here. As far as i can see with the debugger, Max seems freezed within of the V-Ray core... no idea if the problem is related with Forest or not.
          As always, i'm willing to collaborate with ChaosGroup to solve this issue.
          Thanks Carlos

Comment

Thanks for the scene, looking into it now.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by katho3d View Post
              There seems to be a problem with the new ForestPro and Vray3. My 3ds max freezes if I cancel rendering of a specific scene. Here is the download link and the steps to reproduce this:

- Load scene
              - Go to frame 555
              - Press F9 to quick render
              - Cancel the rendering when the buckets reach the bottom left area (the forest objects) of the image -> 3ds max freezes

This happens only with enabled MotionBlur.
              I am also not able to reproduce the issue with Vray 3.00.03 / ForestPro 4.2.0b
              Would it be possible to update your ForestPro versions since the version you are using now probably doesn't have a support for Vray 3.x?
              Let us know if you got the issue even with the new ForestPro version.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar_draganov View Post
                I am also not able to reproduce the issue with Vray 3.00.03 / ForestPro 4.2.0b
                Would it be possible to update your ForestPro versions since the version you are using now probably doesn't have a support for Vray 3.x?
                Let us know if you got the issue even with the new ForestPro version.
                Like mentioned in the other thread http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...with-vray-3-03 the same happens with ForestPro 4.2.0b. I´ve updated my testscene, simply goto Frame 555 and hit render, the last bucket or buckets get stuck. You can also try to disable dynamic bucket splitting, this seems to make it easier to reproduce.

Comment

Thanks for the new scene - I also managed to reproduce the issue even with the latest Nightly Build.
                  I'll forward the case to our developers and I'll update this thread when we have some progress on that matter.

Comment

We would like to inform you that this issue has been fixed.
                    The fix is now available only in the Nightly Builds but it should be also available in the next official service-pack.
                    Thank you very much for your collaboration.

Comment

We would like to inform you that this issue has been fixed.
                      The fix is now available only in the Nightly Builds but it should be also available in the next official service-pack.
                      Thank you very much for your collaboration.
                      Thanks again! Could you grant me access to the VRay 3 Nightly Builds, please? I can only see the VRay 2 builds.

Comment

Please send your request about Nightly Builds to support@chaosgroup.com and include a link to this post.
                        Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

Please send your request about Nightly Builds to support@chaosgroup.com and include a link to this post.
                          Thank you very much in advance.
                          Thanks again! With the new Nightly Build the problem with stuck buckets is gone.

Comment

Very good Please let me know if there are other issues.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                            X