DR doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR doesn't work

After upgrading to 3 I can't make DR work. Getting .
    I turned off all windows firewalls, antyvir is off. Pinged slave to make sure it pcs see each other and all is good. Starting spawner manually on slave. Backburner is working ok just DR isn't.
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

ok support told me that there is a bug

"I am sorry to say that we found a bug with the licensing in the official V-Ray 3 release which appears only if DR/RT job is submitted from a 3ds Max GUI on the local host machine - it seems that the local host always take the Render Node license when the rendering is initiated, regardless it is not used for rendering. If you have just one Render Node license available, the dedicated DR slave machine cannot start rendering due to missing license error.

We are working to fix this problem and I suppose that soon the fix will be available. Please check for updates on our web site. "
    Luke Szeflinski

Comment

The comment from the support guys is valid only if you turn off the "use local host" option in the DR settings. Is this the case with you?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

in both cases it doesn't work. I sent them vray log from both slave and workstation.
        Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Hi Lukx,
          I noticed everytime I update vray, I have to remove all the DR servers in the DR Settings and add them again.

I also have to go in every server remotely to set the service to log with my account instead of the default service account.

did you try these?

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
          Little Antman
          See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
          Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Originally posted by jstrob View Post
            I noticed everytime I update vray, I have to remove all the DR servers in the DR Settings and add them again.
            Hmm, not sure you need to do that, it should work fine.

I also have to go in every server remotely to set the service to log with my account instead of the default service account.
            This you have to do, yes.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Vlado, support asked me for my wbc file to add extra render node and now it's working fine till you guys fix the problem with DR/RT job is submitted from a 3ds Max GUI on the local host machine.
              Luke Szeflinski

Comment

I am having the exact same problem as lukx. I just upgraded to 3.0. Do I need to send you back my wbc file to get this working on my 2 slave machines, or is there a patch available?
                thanks,

Comment

It would be best to email the support guys at vray@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Same problem here. Upgraded from 1.5 to 3 for 3ds 2011. It did work fine for days even used in production and then today I got the same vray log as lukx. It looks as if the render nodes cannot retrieve the license.If I'm not using DR the render completes on the main machine but if I use all nodes then a black image comes out.The only thing I did was to update windows and to install 3ds 2014.I don't know if this has to do with it but it's worth mentioning for future reference
                    I've already emailed the support guys. Let's hope that everything will be fixed
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by alkyon; 19-03-2014, 12:48 AM.
                    "touch the earth lightly"

Comment

Problem was just solved. I called my IT and said that the main machine was blocking the render nodes from retrieving the license.Problem was I couldn't see the getstatus page from each of the nodes. I don’t know how this happened as they were no firewall changes applied. Something to add in you knowledge base. Thank you for your support

Best regards,
                      Antonis
                      "touch the earth lightly"

Comment

Working...
                      X