Missing files dialogue is missing information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing files dialogue is missing information

I am having some problems with the "check for missing maps" function.

My render isn't quite working correctly, so I thought I'd try the missing maps dialogue to find out what is missing. The only problem is that it isn't very useful: see below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Missing-maps-message.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	879622

I've also made the V-Ray messages visible in the image so you can see that they also aren't very illuminating as to what the problem actually is.

How do I find what the missing maps are, and where they are?

I hope someone can help.

Cheers,

Bill

Which V-Ray version? This is a Unicode issue that I thought we fixed...

In any case, the 3ds Max Asset tracker should also be able to help find missing maps.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Apologies, I thought I'd put the vray version.

Max 2014 SP3
      V-ray 2.40.04

It's also worth saying that I have checked the Asset Tracker and there are (as far as I can see) no missing maps. I am now going through all the x-refs and
      Last edited by LQ2; 21-03-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

As a side note, if you try running Relink Bitmaps (http://www.colinsenner.com/scripts/relink-bitmaps) do the bitmaps show in RB? You can use the "find" feature of RB to attempt to locate where these are assigned. Once you figure out where they are with Vlado's help, let me know and I'll update Relink Bitmaps to find things like this in the future. Thanks.
        Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by LQ2 View Post
          Apologies, I thought I'd put the vray version.

Max 2014 SP3
          V-ray 2.40.04

It's also worth saying that I have checked the Asset Tracker and there are (as far as I can see) no missing maps. I am now going through all the x-refs and
          Would it be possible to send the scene for investigation ?
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

This scene may be more difficult to send as there are MANY x-refs and assets and I fear the archive might be huge!

I might also have been through all the files now and fixed any missing maps too! I'd have to see if I can find old versions of the x-ref files.

Comment

Have you got version 3.0 or at least access to the Nightly Builds 2.x in order to test it with newer version ?
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi,

I only use V-ray 2.40.04 and we have not yet decided to shell out for version 3.0 and the render nodes. I am not sure where I can get the "nightly builds 2.x" in order to test them. My concern with using a nightly build is that I'll have to update all the nodes as well, otherwise I'll be running a different version. We have 3 computers with V-Ray and 7 render nodes.

If you think it's worth me trying to get the file and all it's assests (inc x-refs) I can try, but it may take some time, and I might run out of time to deal with it before the next major deadline.

Cheers,

Bill

Comment

Working...
                X