VFB clearing when re-rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB clearing when re-rendering

I've had this problem for ages and I have no idea whether it's a bug or me missing a setting.

When I render a region over a previous render it clears my VFB. I have the 'previous render' setting set to 'unchanged'.
    I had thought there was a particular render element that when used caused this to happen but I have just cleared my elements and it's still happening.
    Im using max 2014, win 7 64 with vray 3.00.03.

I need to spot render a bunch of changes in my render and can't deal with the idea of having to deal with 20 separate renders and their masks...

Cheers,
    James
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
    I've had this problem for ages and I have no idea whether it's a bug or me missing a setting.

When I render a region over a previous render it clears my VFB. I have the 'previous render' setting set to 'unchanged'.
    I had thought there was a particular render element that when used caused this to happen but I have just cleared my elements and it's still happening.
    Im using max 2014, win 7 64 with vray 3.00.03.

I need to spot render a bunch of changes in my render and can't deal with the idea of having to deal with 20 separate renders and their masks...

Cheers,
    James
    I also have this quite often, I generally notice it starts happening once Ive changed render element settings or resolution etc. Very annoying

Comment

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
      I also have this quite often, I generally notice it starts happening once Ive changed render element settings or resolution etc. Very annoying
      If these are the only situations (change resolution/render elements) that makes VFB reset, it's not a bug. If you have other conditions when this problem occurs - please report. Sorry I can't give you more technical explanation why, I'm sure someone will
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

It definitely happens inexplicably at times also.
        oops resolution is an obvious one, getting mixed up. The exposure window and info window disappear sometimes when I change resolution...

Comment

I didn't change anything aside from some materials. I tried to re-render and then it cleared the vfb although I'm not sure if has been doing it throughout the life of the scene. I'll see if I can strip the scene and get it to repeat.

edit: I have a sneaking suspicion it could be forest pack but i'll do some further testing...
          Last edited by Pixelcon; 26-03-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

ok so I think I've worked it out. It seems to be related to how long the name of a render element is. If a render element is added (problem doesn't arise when renaming the alpha channel) the problem won't arise. If you add a render element and make the name of the render element 64 characters or longer this problem appears. It's repeatable for me.

I know 64 characters sounds long but I use a script which automagically creates my multimattes and this always generates element names longer than 64 characters.

Thoughts?

On a side note: it seems even so much as renaming an element will case the VFB to clear. How annoying :/

Comment

Thank you very much for your feedback.
              We'll add this issue into our system and will update you when we have some news about it.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
              X