Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray Proxy - No way to keyframe "Offset"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Proxy - No way to keyframe "Offset"?

Hi,

we're working on a TV show for NBC where we have 6000 rats running around. We wrote a script that can control the point cache frame based on the speed and distance of the rat.
    Because we have so many rats, we thought of switching to V-Ray proxies and instead of animating the point cache, we would adapt the script to animate the "Offset (frames)" of the V-Ray proxy.

Unfortunately, it seems impossible to create keyframe for this value.

I was wondering why, and if it was a way to fix that? Or around that?

We are on deadline and were really counting on using this to speed up the render. Maybe get this possible in a nightly version?

Thank you.
    Nathan Evans
    nate@arcfx.com
    www.arcfx.com

I can make that option animatable, but I'm not sure if it will help. We can try to do that for the next nightly tomorrow... which V-Ray version are you using?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I am still running on Vray 2.0 do to not wanting to rock the boat between projects. But because how important this shot is we will upgrade to Vray 3.0 today. Thank you as usual for jumping on this so quick. Will wait for your response on this.
      Nathan Evans
      nate@arcfx.com
      www.arcfx.com

Comment

Another question, will there be still nightlies for 2.0 or are they only being done for Vray 3.0?
        Nathan Evans
        nate@arcfx.com
        www.arcfx.com

Comment

Originally posted by arcfx View Post
          Another question, will there be still nightlies for 2.0 or are they only being done for Vray 3.0?
          Vray 2.x is still supported product and as such it will have Nightly Builds. Please note that not every fix or feature request will be ported back to 2.x
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thank You Svetlozar! Also, please let me know when this has been done and if I will need to upgrade now to get this change.
            Originally posted by svetlozar_draganov View Post
            Vray 2.x is still supported product and as such it will have Nightly Builds. Please note that not every fix or feature request will be ported back to 2.x
            Nathan Evans
            nate@arcfx.com
            www.arcfx.com

Comment

Hey guys, any news yet?
              Nathan Evans
              nate@arcfx.com
              www.arcfx.com

Comment

Yes, will be in tomorrow's nightly builds, both 2.x and 3.x; however note that if the offset value is animated, any motion blur (either through velocity channel or 3D motion blur) will not be correct, which is in part the reason the value was not animatable before. This may be fixable to some extent, but it will take more time to look into it.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Last edited by vlado; 14-04-2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, thank you for adding it version 2, are going to upgrade but we are waiting for this current project to end. Also, no worries on the motion blur issue, something is better than nothing at the present, If I have problems with the motion blur I'll just get on the compositing side here to do an image base motion blur, calculated off a precomp of the multi color wireframe pass and beauty pass mixed together at 50%.
                  Nathan Evans
                  nate@arcfx.com
                  www.arcfx.com

Comment

Hey Guys,
                    Guess what, the frame offset works but, if you have "auto key" on it sets key frames to every frame you play or scrub to. ;,-(
                    Nathan Evans
                    nate@arcfx.com
                    www.arcfx.com

Comment

Hey,
                      Any response please, this issue will effect not just me but anyone that has "auto key" on, even if you don't have the proxies select.
                      Nathan Evans
                      nate@arcfx.com
                      www.arcfx.com

Comment

Yes, thanks for the pointer, will fix it...

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Working...
                        X