DR and progressive mode, Save to Raw image file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexyork View Post
    Apparently the help file is also a bit out of date and with some incorrect info, so if this gets a re-write hopefully some clarifications can be made.
    Can you point me to the parts of the docs that are out of date? I don't see anything that's outdated in the VFB section here:
    http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...y+Frame+Buffer

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Can you point me to the parts of the docs that are out of date? I don't see anything that's outdated in the VFB section here:
      http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...y+Frame+Buffer

Best regards,
      Vlado
      The section about vrimg output says:

"
      V-Ray raw image file - when this is on, V-Ray directly writes to disk the raw image data as it is being rendered."
      Alex York
      Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
      www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

The section about vrimg output says:

"
        V-Ray raw image file - when this is on, V-Ray directly writes to disk the raw image data as it is being rendered."
        It goes on to say: ..."NOTE: If you are using the Progressive Image Sampler the image is kept in the memory during the rendering. You need to manually stop the rendering, or set a limit and wait for the rendering to complete before the .vrimg is saved."

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          It goes on to say: ..."NOTE: If you are using the Progressive Image Sampler the image is kept in the memory during the rendering. You need to manually stop the rendering, or set a limit and wait for the rendering to complete before the .vrimg is saved."

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Ok that's not 100% clear from the wording, I think. It also doesn't mention anything about EXR. Svetlozar has mentioned that you're looking into implementing an on-the-fly saving routine for Progressive so that's great news anyway. Hopefully this issue will be redundant soon!
          Alex York
          www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Ah... I've just realised that this line was added to your help file yesterday at my suggestion to Svetlozar and that it wasn't there originally, hence my confusion!
            Alex York
            www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Ah... I've just realised that this line was added to your help file yesterday at my suggestion to Svetlozar and that it wasn't there originally, hence my confusion!
              Ahhh ok, sorry about that.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Working...
              X