VRAY 3.0 very noisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY 3.0 very noisy

Is anyone experiencing an unusual amount of pixel noise when rendering a scene in max 2014 Vray 3.0 vs the same scene in max 2013 Vray 2.0

I think my setting are the same

The noise level will be different in general; however lots of noise does not sound ok - can you get me an example scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com ?

Also, did you create the scene from scratch? If yes, you can try disabling the probabilistic lights option in the "Global switches" tab and see if it helps.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

the scene was created from scratch in max 2013 vray 2.0
      when I open the same scene in Max 2014 vray 3.0 the noise levels are a lot more apparent in max 2014 vray 3.0

Click image for larger version

Name:	max 2014 vray 3.0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	851844Click image for larger version

Name:	max 2013 vray 2.0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	851845

Comment

hey Vlado thanks for replying back

so after comparing settings from both files I did have the probabilistic lights option checked "ON" in the "Global switches" tab
        not sure what those lights do or how they got turned on

once again thanks, and you are a genius

Comment

It's "on" by default. In any case, we already have an improvement to the probabilistic lights that I hope to include in one of the next builds.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread but i had a similar problem and found the solution in this thread
            When would you use the probabilistic light option? i read in the manual that its intended to optimize sampling in a scene with lots of lights. i had a small test scene and went through the optimization process grant warwick and some others artist use and i since i had plenty of lights in my scene i was hiding most of them and just left 2 lights in the scene. i adjusted the samples till the lighting pass was noise free and then i was unhiding the other lights and hoped that they will also render quite noise free. but i got an image that was full of noise and nowhere near my rendering before where those lights were hidden. i even upped the samples to the max but still had plenty of noise in my scene. so i was just about to post a topic asking how to get rid of it when i found this thread. after deactivating the probabilisitc light option its noise free and renders very fast - so is there some basic rule when to use this option?

first image show the lighting pass with only two lights, second image show the same lighting pass with all the lights unhidden (all instances)
            Attached Files
            www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Originally posted by Olli96 View Post
              after deactivating the probabilisitc light option its noise free and renders very fast - so is there some basic rule when to use this option?
              For the moment, I'm afraid it's a bit trial and error. As I posted above, we're working on some improvements that should make it unnecessary to have to turn it off.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Working...
              X