Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room corners glowing

Hi,
    I have this weird issue often. Most corners in my renders appear to have increased light instead of be darker. I don't use AO (though that would darken them but also leave some lighter areas so it looks even worse)

I used BF/LC. I tried doubling both BF subdivision and LC but it remained the same. I don't think I have any pure white objects, my whitest white is usually 195, and I used scene converter just in case I have some standard materials left but none helped.

You can see this on some objects, but mostly ceiling near the book shelves.

Oh and, I moved walls vertices beyond ceiling just in case there was a tiny gap causing it but it remained.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fucek2ver0000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	879779
    Last edited by Crayox13; 23-04-2014, 02:32 AM.
    www.hrvojedesign.com

Does the problem occur when you use brute force as primary AND secondary bounce?
    Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

Looks like a Light Cache problem to me... Can you post a screen shot of your LC tab so we can see what settings you have used? Have you tried decreasing your sample size?

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
        Does the problem occur when you use brute force as primary AND secondary bounce?
        This is a very good point, and an easy way to test, Make both Brute force if it still occurs make both light cache, that way you will know which is the problem...

Comment

Hm LC/LC makes a very clean scene (no glowing edges) while BF/BF makes it all black, like there is no GI...weird. I use SolidRocks setup of it. I tried increasing bounces from 3 to 16, since I don't know how BF/BF works, but still basically black.
          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Does the ceiling have actual thickness or is it just a single plane?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It shouldn't turn black when you switch it to BF/BF. Sounds to me like the problem is in the scene and not the render settings.
              Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

Ceiling is an extruded closed line. But will investigate why the render turns black with bf/bf
                www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Does it turn black if you dont use solidrocks for the settings?
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

I usually only add sun for day scenes without sky portals on windows. It seams that made BF/BF render black. Now I added lights on all windows and BF/BF is ok, but rather darker than LC so I think overlaying those two makes those glowing edges. Any reason LC is so much brighter? I guess I can reduce secondary multiplier to 0.7
                    www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Here's the new render with lights as sky portals on windows and doors. Also a in progress render capture to show the difference between LC and final render.

Name:	Fucek-test.jpg
Size:	456.7 KB
ID:	851872

Name:	Fucek-WEB0000.jpg
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	851873
                      www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

It's not just the ceiling. You also have lighter areas between the books and at the bottom of that wall above the skirting.
                        Post your render settings please
                        Kind Regards,
                        Morne

Comment

Yes, a lot of things seam glowy.

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	851874
                          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

I suggest you try without solid rocks and start from the default settings, turn off AA filter, Reinhard color mapping (brightness 0.25, gamma 2.2); enable GI with IR (low) and LC 700, retrace treshold and LC for glossy rays enabled.

Otherwise upload your file or post some screenshots from your viewports and settings.

EDIT: also try an override material, with ur glass geometry in the exclude list.
                            Last edited by Vizioen; 24-04-2014, 02:40 AM.
                            A.

---------------------
                            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

It looks like your materials are too bright to me. Particularly the place mats, the books and the paint on the walls. Try using diffuse colours with a value < 200 and in the 'output' rollup of your books bitmap reduce the RGB level to 0.784 (200/255).
                              Dan Brew

Comment

Working...
                              X