Bump on floorboards using bercon tile and multitexture not showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump on floorboards using bercon tile and multitexture not showing up

I regularly use a bercon tile material for floorboards and put a multitexture map in the tile slot so that a selection of board textures are used across a floor.

For the bump, I copy this bercon/multitexture into the bump slot. However, when I render, I just see the bump of the bercon joints and not the wood texture of the planks. Any ideas why?

SOLVED this: need to use vraycolor2bump map!
    Last edited by tricky; 23-04-2014, 05:54 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

Glad to hear you sorted it out and than you very much for the feedback.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

You should report this to the Multitexture developers so that they can fix this.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
        I regularly use a bercon tile material for floorboards and put a multitexture map in the tile slot so that a selection of board textures are used across a floor.

For the bump, I copy this bercon/multitexture into the bump slot. However, when I render, I just see the bump of the bercon joints and not the wood texture of the planks. Any ideas why?

SOLVED this: need to use vraycolor2bump map!
        Did you change any settings in the vraycolor2bump map? (The settings in that map seem strange to me.)

Comment

Originally posted by voltron7 View Post
          Did you change any settings in the vraycolor2bump map? (The settings in that map seem strange to me.)
          I changed the height to 0.05m, but that was just through trial and error in this situation. A colleague has mentioned that if you put the multitexture into the colour slot #2 of the bercontile, you don't need to use vraycolor2bump, but I haven't tried this yet.
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket
          http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Thanks tricky; I do pretty much same here, but I never really kept with it...will revisit.

Comment

Working...
            X