could not obtain license (-98)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could not obtain license (-98)

On March there was a bug with vray 3 not working with 1 default render node with standard license. I sent the wbc to support you you guys updated the license for extra render node till you fix the bug. Today license expired and I can't even render on my workstation (i'm getting error could not obtain license (-9). I sent wbc to support hope you guys can solve it soon as right now I can't do any work.

ps. Ouch! I now received e-mail that your offices are closed today
    Last edited by lukx; 06-05-2014, 01:16 AM.
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Forward the email with the .wbc file to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com; I will also get you an updated build that fixes the original issue.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi vlado,

i just upgraded from 2.0 to 3.0 and now I get the Could not obtain license (-197) error. I sent the wbc-file to support, but got the same reply as Luke. Im forwarding my email to you as well now. Would really appreciate if you could help me out - was supposed to start a new project this morning, but cant do much at the moment... thanks in advance! /Kalle

EDIT: Just got the rtu-file in the mail, works fine now. Thanks!
      Last edited by skogskalle; 07-05-2014, 01:19 AM.

Comment

I'm totally lost here. I spoke with Vlado and from what I understood with standard license purchase (basic one) we got only one license that we can use to render ETHER on workstation or on Rendernode. So from what I understand we cant use both together for DR So I send email to CGarchitec where I bought upgrade. And Jeff from there todl me that we are supposed to have one rendernode license so we should be able to render on both workstation and one rendernode in basic plan. It' so painful with this new license system, no one knows what is going on
        Last edited by lukx; 07-05-2014, 01:08 AM.
        Luke Szeflinski

Comment

yeah its all a bit uncertain... the reseller I bought the upgrade from told me I would get an email from chaos with upgrade-info, download the upgrade, install, and be good to go. No wasted time etc. They failed to mention I had to install everything, then send a wbc-file to chaos, and sit and wait for the rtu before I could continue working... Lost about a half days work because of it! Works fine now though, but still a bit irritating...

Comment

Yeah I'm also just sitting and climbing the walls while waiting for support to answer.
            Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Dear Lukasz,

With one V-Ray 3.0 Workstation for 3ds Max users get the ability to use V-Ray’s Graphical User Interface (GUI) for editing their settings on one machine and also to render on one machine as a Render Node. With the bug fixed, rendering can be performed either on the same machine where the GUI license is used, or on another machine in the network. In order to use an additional computer for rendering however, you will have to purchase one additional V-Ray 3.0 Render node.

Kind regards,
              Antonia
              Antonia Yordanova
              Chaos Group Sales Team

Comment

ok so... to get 1 extra license after upgrading from vray 2 to 3 do I have to buy this 350$ here: http://shop.cgarchitect.com/renderin...e-license.html

or I can buy upgrade from vray to license for one node for 108$ here: http://shop.cgarchitect.com/renderin...der-nodes.html

fingers crossed for second option
                Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Hi again Lukasz,

Yes, you should go for the second option. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Antonia
                  Antonia Yordanova
                  Chaos Group Sales Team

Comment

Working...
                  X