• Show
Clear All

• Render host lbn*** (192.168.0.235) is not responding

Click image for larger version

Name:	DR_not_responding.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	879934Hello,

I just finish to installed a small render farm.
    DR is not working anymore after rebooting the main workstation.
    I first need to restart all slave to get is running again.

To reproduced the error I follow theses steps:
    - Initiale state: Slave and workstation are on and DR is rendering allright
    - Shut down the mainworkstation (where is the dongle and the license is) while the slave are still on (but not rendering)
    - Start the workstation
    - Start DR rendering -> Render host lbn*** (192.168.0.235) is not responding......

To get it running, I first need to restart all the slave, it's like the license server can't be access if the slave are not turn on after the main workstation.
    But it is working fine with Backburner, even if the workstation is restarted without restarting the slave!

How can I solve this issues?

Thanks
    Last edited by fraggle; 19-05-2014, 05:24 AM. Reason: Add screenshot

Please, can you give at least a direction to try to solve this.
    I will move the dongle and license server to one of the server then change the host IP on pone of the slave to see if it solve the problem.
    Thanks

Originally posted by fraggle View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]19553[/ATTACH]Hello,

I just finish to installed a small render farm.
    DR is not working anymore after rebooting the main workstation.
    I first need to restart all slave to get is running again.

To reproduced the error I follow theses steps:
    - Initiale state: Slave and workstation are on and DR is rendering allright
    - Shut down the mainworkstation (where is the dongle and the license is) while the slave are still on (but not rendering)
    - Start the workstation
    - Start DR rendering -> Render host lbn*** (192.168.0.235) is not responding......

To get it running, I first need to restart all the slave, it's like the license server can't be access if the slave are not turn on after the main workstation.
    But it is working fine with Backburner, even if the workstation is restarted without restarting the slave!

How can I solve this issues?

Thanks
    Last edited by fraggle; 19-05-2014, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Please find thereafter some more information:
      For testing pupose and to try to narrow the source of the problem I disconnected the RJ45 on my workstation, then plug it again.
      This disconnection of network make the render slave unavailable in Vray. I can ping all slave, I can access to the slave using remote desktop, but I can render using distributed rendering!

I will appreciate if I can get a support on this issues!

Comment

First of all - which Vray/3DSMax version is that.
        After the restart, make sure that Vray License server is started.
        By the way how do you start Vray License Server and VraySpanwer, manually or as a windows service?
        If you have antivirus/antispam/firewall software on the workstation make sure that they do not block the connection to Vray License Server.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Vray2.4
          max 2014
          Vray license server is running because the workstation render fine, only the slave are not working
          License server is started as service
          Spawner is started on the slave as a service
          Antivirus and firewall off on the workstation do not solve the problem.

Originally posted by svetlozar_draganov View Post
          First of all - which Vray/3DSMax version is that.
          After the restart, make sure that Vray License server is started.
          By the way how do you start Vray License Server and VraySpanwer, manually or as a windows service?
          If you have antivirus/antispam/firewall software on the workstation make sure that they do not block the connection to Vray License Server.

Comment

What next?
            Vray2.4
            max 2014
            Vray license server is running because the workstation render fine, only the slave are not working
            License server is started as service
            Spawner is started on the slave as a service
            Antivirus and firewall off on the workstation do not solve the problem.

Comment

Hello again,

It seems that this is a bug which has been already fixed in Vray 3.x version.
              There is no fix for version 2.x so far but there is a very easy workaround - just make sure that Restart Slave On Render End checkbox is ON.
              With that option checked the spawner will be automatically restarted after each render end, so if for some reason Vray spawner loses its license it will print "not responding" error then it will restart itself and it will join successfully the next job.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

thanks,
                That solve the issues.

Originally posted by svetlozar_draganov View Post
                Hello again,

It seems that this is a bug which has been already fixed in Vray 3.x version.
                There is no fix for version 2.x so far but there is a very easy workaround - just make sure that Restart Slave On Render End checkbox is ON.
                With that option checked the spawner will be automatically restarted after each render end, so if for some reason Vray spawner loses its license it will print "not responding" error then it will restart itself and it will join successfully the next job.

Comment

Unfortunatly, it was working but not any more.
                  If a DR job is cancel, even when "On render End checkbox "is ON, sometime 9 host are not responding, somedine, 7, sometime 8..... are not responding any more.
                  I need to restart all the host to be able to get all node running fine again.

thanks,
                  That solve the issues.

Comment

Hi
                    We have recently moved to max 2014sp5 + Vray3.06, but just before that the situation was exactly as yours.
                    It's always a good point with windows to restart the all machines from time to time. We have used restart either the workstations or the nodes. I feel that you will have to accept this workaround, since it is simple and clear.
                    Regards,
                    Dimitar
                    REDVERTEX
                    redvertex.com

Comment

Originally posted by REDVERTEX View Post
                      Hi
                      We have recently moved to max 2014sp5 + Vray3.06, but just before that the situation was exactly as yours.
                      It's always a good point with windows to restart the all machines from time to time. We have used restart either the workstations or the nodes. I feel that you will have to accept this workaround, since it is simple and clear.
                      Regards,
                      Dimitar
                      Thanks,
                      but I would like to used the slave for fine tuning light, material.... By restarting the slave everytime I canceled a render means that I'm not going to used them at all.
                      If possible I would like to avoid upgrading because the farm is not powerfull (bi quad 5420), license price are not worth it, because it is going to cost me more than the 16 server themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X