Build 3.00.06 - VRayVRMtl Crash in 3ds Max 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build 3.00.06 - VRayVRMtl Crash in 3ds Max 2015

When I put a VRayVRMtl in material editor and push "Open Editor", Max completely crashes.

Hm, this actually works fine for me on simple tests. Can you get me some more details? Are you loading an existing material, or creating a new one from scratch? Do you get the 3ds Max CER dialog? If yes, can you get me the 3ds Max crash dump file to vlado@chaosgroup.com (it is called 3dsmax_minidump.dmp in the temp folder - type %temp% to go there).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Our company as well is getting this crash with Max 2014, I will send you a dump file in an email if it will help.

Comment

Yes, it will help. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Hm, this actually works fine for me on simple tests. Can you get me some more details? Are you loading an existing material, or creating a new one from scratch? Do you get the 3ds Max CER dialog? If yes, can you get me the 3ds Max crash dump file to vlado@chaosgroup.com (it is called 3dsmax_minidump.dmp in the temp folder - type %temp% to go there). Best regards, Vlado
          I was just going to create a new one from scratch....it was completely empty. (I sent you my dump file, though I never got any dialog from max, oddly).

Comment

Same here with 2014 & W7-64.

Comment

Just tried to create a VraVRmat in max 2014 with vray 3.00.06. When i click on the icone to create the material, it is a bit long to appear. I could open the editor but as soon i close the editor, max crashed.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
              Little Antman
              See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
              Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Originally posted by jstrob View Post
                Just tried to create a VraVRmat in max 2014 with vray 3.00.06. When i click on the icone to create the material, it is a bit long to appear. I could open the editor but as soon i close the editor, max crashed.
                <sigh> It's so sad... such a cool idea, crippled by a wrong implementaton. Looks like we'll have to rewrite the whole thing...

Do you have a crash dump for that?

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  <sigh> It's so sad... such a cool idea, crippled by a wrong implementaton. Looks like we'll have to rewrite the whole thing...

Do you have a crash dump for that?

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  It is really a great idea and Chaosgroup always bring new features, we artists really like and need.
                  Thank you Vlado.
                  for my blog and tutorials:
                  www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Same here with max2014 & W7-64 too !!
                    http://www.mtaher.net
                    https://www.behance.net/mtaher

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. Will see what can be done about it - we'll probably disable the vrmat editor in 3ds Max and only leave it as a standalone tool.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

You know, Vlado, in 3.00.05 with max 2014 it was working great. What changed so drastically? (Seems a shame to get rid of the max plugin before we've even had a chance to get our hands dirty).

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                          What changed so drastically?
                          3ds Max 2015 comes with its own Python version. The .vrmat editor is also based on Python. In previous 3ds Max versions, we shipped our own version of Python, but it seemed to clash with the 3ds Max one, so we had to try and hook into the Python version of 3ds Max. This works in our office, but apparently not on users' machines... so I don't really know what to do except to try and get rid of the Python thing altogether and rewrite the editor in pure C++ and this will take time. Meanwhile I don't have a lot of options. We could try to somehow bring in our own Python again, but you can see where it may become a mess.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          Last edited by vlado; 24-05-2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

BTW, it's working now with the latest vray version...no max crash when pushing "Open Editor" from the material.

Comment

Working...
                            X