X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering Problem - Max Design 2014 64bit

Hi All

I am using 3DS Max 2014 64bit and Vray 2.40.04

We have just upgraded our work computers and I want to use 10 as render slaves.
    Before upgrading it was working ok on XP now we are all on Win 7 64Bit. I don't think I have done anything different in setting it up this time.

The only problem I had during install was the main workstation said it found more current files for the WIBU key which I said don't delete. I have tried re installing and deleted those and overwrote them now. Then I reinstalled again and it didn't through up any errors.

The one thing I have noticed is that I do not get the vray logo in the start bar, which I am sure on my home computer it is there. there is a WibuKey network Icon and it says it is running.

When I go to launch the VRay Licence server it says it is already running even though it is not in the startup folder in my start menu.

I have attached a screenshot, the VRay message box says it is connecting to the slaves but during the render it is saying that they are not responding then it reconnects numerous times but keeps coming back as not responding. I have tried re installing the slaves but that doesn't fix my problems. I have tried using them all individually also.

Has anyone got any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

I haven't installed all of max's service packs yet that is my next try but thinking it wont be that.

Thanks

Chris L
    Attached Files

The error about "already running license server" is most probably because it has been registered as a service.
    If license server is registered as windows service it is started automatically with windows and if you start it manually this message pops-up.
    You could easily remove License Server from windows services if you launch "Remove Vray License Service" from Start > Programs > ChaosGroup > Vray > License > Administration.

Not Responding error could be related to several things:

1.Vray License Server on the slave machine is not configured properly. Please log on each of the slave machines and make sure that Vray License Server is configured to take license from the machine where the dongle is plugged. You could do that by open Change Vray License Server tool from Start > Programs > ChaosGroup > Vray > License and type IP address or Computer Name into License Server field.

If everything is set correctly you should be able to access Vray License Server Status page by typing:

http://computerName:30304 , or http://computerIPaddress:30304

... into web-browser of each slave-machine.

2.The connection between the slave-machine and the machine which holds the dongle is blocked by firewall/anti-virus/antispam and etc software

3.Backburner job has never launched. Make sure that each machine has at least one BackBurner job started with current BackBurner version.

4.Different Vray version between the workstation and the slave machines - make sure that all machines use the same Vray build.

Please check all those things and let us know if the issue still persists.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Cheers for the reply I had just come back to say I have just fixed the problem.
      I did hit Register V-Ray Licence Service by mistake.

I went through my computer and uninstalled and deleted anything I could find relating to Vray and Wibu.
      I then ran CCleaner and cleared the registry which it found some files relating to Wibu, Deleted those.
      Re installed and worked

Thanks again.

Comment

Glad to hear you solved it out
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X