Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy not rendering with orthographic view bug

Hello!

I just came across this bug when rendering out a simple plan view of an architectural scene. The scene contained several custom built high poly furniture proxies that are generally used for close up renderings. While they are totally unnecessary in a scene like this, I simply did not feel like taking the time to replace the models with a less complex version.

As you can see from the attached images, the proxies in the orthographic top view randomly do not render, but still produce a shadow on the environment. In the same exact scene if I render from perspective or a vray camera, the proxies behave as they should.

Not a situation I think many will run into but I figured I would let everyone know so that you can avoid the headache this issue just gave me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	top orthographic view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	879965 Click image for larger version

Name:	Perspective view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	879966
    Last edited by DeadLift315; 23-05-2014, 11:10 AM.

Hi,

This issue doesn't appear on simple test I've made, could you provide us with more details or an example scene file ?
    Also which V-Ray and 3DS max versions you are using?

Thank you for this report.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello,

We confirm this issue;

- Simply create an array of proxies, even a simple teapot. This will render fine in a Top View.
      - When you randomly rotate the proxies they will randomly disappear in Orthographic projections (Top/Front etc.)

Check a max scene with dissapearing proxies here: http://www.studiozesxzes.nl/proxies_..._dissapear.zip

Problem is new in Vray 3.0. We create lots of Floorplans and Facade views, so this issue has some impact here.

Thanks,
      Caspar
      Last edited by zoobadoo; 25-06-2014, 02:55 AM. Reason: added max scene

Comment

As a work around you can move camera very far to "sky" and then set it lens to be something like 1000 - that should give you very close to orthographic look
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the scene Caspar, we will forward the case to our developers and update the thread when it's fixed.
          Meanwhile you could use the workaround provided by Dariusz, it works great.
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X