Autosave/MatLib Open super slow with Vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autosave/MatLib Open super slow with Vray

I am having an issue with Vray responding incredibly slowly when either the scene goes to autosave (or manual save), or I try to open a saved material library. When I am working in Mental Ray this is not an issue at all, autosave or opening a material library takes a few seconds. When I am in Vray, either of these things takes nearly 3 minutes, and the entire scene is basically frozen during the process. All geometry is Xref'ed into camera scene, so its not a file size issue. All camera files are 200-300 kb. A recent test of a scene with one Vray Camera, one Vray Dome light, one Vray plane, and one Xref linked to a point helper took 2 minutes and 46 seconds to save. The scene file is 296 kb. The file that is Xref'ed is 50 mb.

I am running Windows 7, Max 2014, & Vray 3. Network setup is a Netgear gigabit switch, Cat6 cables, and files are stored on a DROBO with all WD RED drives (designed for NAS drives, read time is 6 Gb/s). And again, this is only an issue with Vray. Mental Ray files don't have these lag issues.

If any one has suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Lee
    Last edited by Drachen; 28-05-2014, 04:19 PM.

One thing Ive noticed recently is check if you have distributed rendering turned on, if so uncheck it and see if that helps the saving time. On a few of my bigger files for what ever reason this can drastically shorten the time to save the files.

~dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by Drachen View Post
      I am having an issue with Vray responding incredibly slowly when either the scene goes to autosave (or manual save), or I try to open a saved material library.
      Do you get a similar slowdown when you render a scene before the rendering starts?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Also, which V-Ray version more precisely?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

No I do not have this lag when I initiate a render, or even a distributed render. There is some delay in the distributed render starting, but it is the appropriate amount of time to write the file size to the drive, not the abnormally long delay in saving or opening material libraries. Using Vray 3.00.01

Comment

Please, update to a more recent build and let me know if the problem is still there.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X