Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3 Glare mask problem

Using Vray 3, and new lens effects.
    For some reason the host machine when rendering sometimes renders the glare mask black. See attached.
    This happens using my workstation AND rendering over BB

Causes an unpleasant result in the actual Glare as you can imagine.

Any ideas why its doing this? and anything I can do to stop it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	glaremask.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	880005

Hi,

Please provide step by step instructions how to reproduce this issue. What do you mean by "host" machine? Do you render BB (manager and server) on the workstation only?
    If you are able to supply an example scene we will try to run few tests in our environment using the same software versions.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

By host machine I mean the machine that is running the scene. So my workstation, or the backbuner server. This is all using DR.
      I dont use backburner on my workstation, only on the render slaves.
      When looking at the VrayDRBucket element, I can see that that only black buckets are the ones rendered by the primary machine. So all the DR slaves render it no problem.
      Hope that makes sense?

Not sure how to reproduce but it's showing up in 2 x scenes at the moment. It's only the Glare mask element with this problem, strangely the Bloom mask element has no problem.

I'll try to reproduce in a simple scene, I can also send the problem scene to you.

Comment

Thank you Alex,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue on my tests with BB and one DR node. Tried with VFB Lens effects and 3ds max Environment/Effects V-Ray lens effects, but the there are no black buckets in the Glare mask pass.

It will be very helpful to try your files as well. Thanks.

Comment

I couldnt reproduce in a simple scene.
          Will package up the scene and send over.

Comment

Sent an email to support with dropbox link to archive.

Comment

Thank you very much, I'm going to check the scene now and reply to the ticket later.

Comment

Yes seen thankyou. Good to know you get the same result and it's not just me, hope there is a fix for it as I really want to use lens effects.

Comment

Hi Alex,

I have send a bug report for this issue. Glare mask doesn't work for Backburner or CMD rendering on single render node (workstation). When the scene is submited to the render slaves (using V-Ray DR) everything is correct.

As a workaround you can try to uncheck the option "Use local host" before submit the BB job. Note that this will work only if you use DR with BB to render on all render nodes. If you render all animation frames using BB (each frame on different render node), it will not work.

However, we will inform you as soon as we have this fixed. Thank you very much for your report.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                    I did consider this as a workaround, but when I tested it overnight last night, it still used the local host.
                    I did as you said, unticked "use local host" before submitting but seems it is ignored by the back burner server?
                    I also tried again this morning with "save hosts in scene" (can't remember exact wording) but still the same. Local host still participated.

Today as a workaround Ive left it rendering on my workstation using DR with "use local host" unticked.

How do I get back burner to respect the "use local host" check box?

Comment

Hi,

Actually you are right, Use local host option is not going to work in this case. 3DS Max CMD desn't respect it, which i think we'll have to improve if possible. I apologize for my mistake.

Hope our developers to be able to fix it soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X