Translucency (Hybrid Model) not working - Vray 3.00.07, Max 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translucency (Hybrid Model) not working - Vray 3.00.07, Max 2015

I'm trying to create thin translucent plastic for a product viz. I'm trying to use translucency - hybrid model, but nothing seems to make it work (I've tried quite a lot of stuff)...any ideas? Also, if anyone has a better technique for creating this material, it'd be much appreciated.
    Here is a photo of a render and my settings.Click image for larger version

Name:	TranslucencyProblem.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	880009

Would it be possible to send us also the scene or part of it and reference of the material would like to replicate.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Just sent you a test scene with a simple sphere and material, still no translucency: hybrid model. BTW, the Hard (wax) model works, but not the soft or hybrid.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, I've tried the SSS2 material, just to see if SSS is working at all...it apparently isn't at all. Notice in the atttached image that I have the preset in the SSS2 set to Water (clear) and I'm getting black (also note that I have a v-ray plane light directly behind the object.
        I started completely new with this scene. Everything at default when I created the scene, no legacy adoption with Max or Vray.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	TranslucencyProblem01.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	321.0 KB
ID:	852104

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
          Just out of curiosity, I've tried the SSS2 material, just to see if SSS is working at all...it apparently isn't at all. Notice in the atttached image that I have the preset in the SSS2 set to Water (clear) and I'm getting black (also note that I have a v-ray plane light directly behind the object.
          I started completely new with this scene. Everything at default when I created the scene, no legacy adoption with Max or Vray.
          Make sure that the Single Scatter Option is set to Raytraced(refractive)
          We'll take a look the scene you sent us and we'll get back to you afterwards.

Comment

Where did you send the scene?
            We are not able to find it in support@chaosgroup.com mailbox.

Comment

I sent a Dropbox link in the email (had packed some of my hdrs with the file)... Perhaps it couldn't be shared or something...I'll send it again.
              BTW, I did figure out SSS2...was a bit more complicated than I thought before. One problem, though, when I started putting non-gray colors into the sub-surface and scatter color, light cache goes crazy (even after turning off scatter gi)...taking like for infinity to calculate. Does this have something to do with my scale?

Comment

It might be related to the scene, however we are still not able to find any email from you.
                Did you send the link directly from Dropbox?
                It would be better to send us an email directly from your mailbox since our system sometimes treat such services as a spam.
                Please include a link to this thread in the email.

Comment

Working...
                X