Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayProxy issues

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure if this is related to VRay or 3ds max, but occasionally my VRayProxy breaks. What that means is that it will show the preview Mesh in Viewport but renders nothing.
    I didn't get it to be fully reproducable but it occurs sometimes after importing a very high poly FBX (7.000.000 faces). When I restart max it works again.
    This is not urgent since there is this easy workaround, but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced that issue?

Using VRay 3.00.04 with 3ds max Design 2014
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

Do you get any errors or warnings in the V-Ray log? Also, would be good to update to the latest version on our site.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi,
      Will check for errors tomorrow if it occurs again. Is there any changelog available for .07?
      Software:
      Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
      3ds Max 2016 SP4
      V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
      Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
      64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

It is pretty much the same as 3.00.06, just fixes a few crashes (one related to proxies). More specifically:

(*) V-Ray: "Direct visualization" of the caustics photon map does not work properly with VRayEnvironmentFog;
        (*) V-Ray: Freeze at render start with memory frame buffer and very large resolutions;
        (*) VRayProxy: Fixed crash with Nitrous in 3ds Max 2015 with a scene created with an older version of V-Ray;
        (*) VRayStereoscopic: Fixed crash when outputting Deep EXR with "Previous render" set to anything but "Unchanged";

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X