Vector map crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vector map crashes

I'm not sure if this is vray or max but when I'm using the max vector map within a vray material it seems to crash max a lot. I'm using GI with BF/LC.

It seems to crash on the LC pre-pass.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

I've just swapped over to a standard material and I don't seem to be getting any crashes now. I'd rather be using a vray material...
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Okay. I still got crashes with standard material after a bit.

I recalled something said about LC showcalc causing issues with something (probably unrelated). I've not disabled show calc for LC and I haven't had one crash in about 15 mins...
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

same here, had a lot of crashes with vector maps, but really inconsistent so i've not been able to narrow down the problem. some maps work fine, while others crash every now and then. makes me think there is something specific with certain maps that messes up.

it's a shame since it is a great feature.

Comment

Yes I was thinking the same thing about the map. Maybe I should try and save in a different type of vector format.

Anyway, I decided to switch to standard max renderer and render using that. Even though the max render was a lot better with the map I still got a couple of crashes which leads me to the conclusion that it is either a buggy feature or there is indeed something slightly amiss with the map.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
          X