No announcement yet.

Reflect alpha doesn't work with vray 3.00.07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically I'm trying to separate Shadows from reflection as described in the Tutorial bellow. I'm trying to use the VRayExtraTex for the reflection alpha to be separate from the main alpha...so far no luck.

MintViz is the owner and author of this content. Please click the following link to be redirected. http://www.workshop.mintviz.com/tuto...#ixzz39XeajJht
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Hi,

Since the V-Ray Wrapper has the ability to catch the reflections, the alpha channel contains information for both, shadows and reflections.
      If you need to use them separately, the render should be on 2 passes (second region render for the matte surface only).
      *) one with disabled reflection for the material used with V-Ray Wrapper shader to get only shadows
      *) second with reflective material and ExtraTex (with Dirt map) render element to get the reflections
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Actually there is another approach for this, here is example screenshot of the result and option that i have used:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-06 09_24_33.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	853918
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Just my 2 cents,

I ran into the issue today, and just lost 2h because I couldn't find out why it wasn't working.
          I hope this will be fixed soon, please let us know when this is working again.

Cheers

Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

I think it's fixed in the nightly builds already; I have to check the stable ones.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X