Rebus - Just an FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebus - Just an FYI

I was going to post a big render up to Rebus as a test image to try their service. It has lots of SSS materials, which is why an external farm with lots of nodes would be great. Apparently, this cannot be done on multiple nodes at Rebus. I verified it with them. I realize this is not your problem, but perhaps you guys could talk to them to make a better solution that would be compatible with their technique. This little limitation makes their service unusable for some jobs for us. Just something to look into for future improvements. The statement I got from them was:

"the way we render distributed a still image not allow sss - its something we cant workaround"

I hope this helps or may be useful information to lead to a future improvements.
    -Joel
    -Joel E
    https://www.biglittlepictures.com

i'd sort of get it if you're using the old prepass needing sss materials, but is it like this for raytraced sss in vray 3?

Comment

I had the same issue when trying to do an uber larger render via Rebus. I was using raytraced SSS in V-ray 3.0 so thought it wouldn't be an issue but the guy from Rebus explained that they don't use DR for stills but rather split the render into 100 sections, which are rendered separately and then reconstructed into one image.

Even with raytraced SSS, each section renders slightly differently, meaning the final image has a patchwork effect. You can test yourself by doing a couple of region renders at different sizes, even on the same machine (with raytraced SSS) it always calculates the SSS effect slightly differently.
      MDI Digital
      moonjam

Comment

Hm, raytraced sss should not be a problem. Can you send us the scene that rendered differently to support@chaosgroup.com?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That is surprising, but I am sure it'll get remedied. Get Vlado that test scene! At least there is some bity of logic as to why it won't work for them. If they would just do bucket rendering it wouldn't be a problem. Dang.
          -Joel E
          https://www.biglittlepictures.com

Comment

Working...
          X