Vray 3.00.07 Lens Effects issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.00.07 Lens Effects issues

I´ve noticed two things with Vray Lens Effects they bothering me (I´m using the LensEffects button in the Vray VFB).

First, if I use Sub-pixel mapping and Clamp output to reduce the rendertime, the LensEffectsSource channel is used and exported as RGB Color even if the mode is set to Render element only. Just when the rendering is finished the correct RGB color channel is exchanged by the LensEffectsSource one. Obviously the result is wrong too if Image only mode is selected, because the too bright LensEffectsSource is used as background for the effect.
    I´ve attached a scene, just hit the renderbutton and look what happens with the RGB color channel when the rendering is finished.

With the second one I´m not sure if this is working as expected or not. If the Lens Effects mode is set to Render element only, the RGB color is also visible in the Glare channel "Glare_render_element.jpg".
    Shouldn´t be only the glare effect visible in the render element?
    Attached Files

It's a bit of an undefined area, what to do if "sub-pixel mapping" and "clamp output" are used. The lens effects need the linear HDR output from the renderer in order to give you any kind of meaningful result. Will check out what happens though - might be something strange going on.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      The lens effects need the linear HDR output from the renderer in order to give you any kind of meaningful result. Will check out what happens though - might be something strange going on.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Thanks Vlado!
      And thats what the LensEffectsSource channel is for, right? But this channel should only be used for the calculation of the effect and not visible in the final image (RGB color channel). Especially if Render element only is selected, the Lens Effect should have no effect on the RGB color channel.
      About my question regarding the Glare render element. I want to composite and color correct this pass in the post, but why the RGB color information is present in this channel too?

Comment

Working...
      X