Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation Prepass cache issue

Hi everybody,

I am having a very strange problem while caching with Animation Prepass. As you can see from the fotosequence my renderings start flashing blue in a certain framerange.

Im rendering over our internal farm, no specific pc has coused the problem. Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	880437

Hi,

It is a very weird issue, it looks like a new light source has been added to the scene. Which V-Ray version is this?
    What is the exact workflow that you are using? Animation prepass render via render manager or distributed rendering ?
    Are you able to reproduce this if you render single frame, for an example the "0113" one?
    Do you use any additional plugins or post render effects?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the fast answer!

I´m using vray 2.40.0 and caching with Animation prepass (IM+LC) via render manager. The frame range you see were cached from different Pc so it is not only one machine causing the problem, i think is random. I just get that issue loading up that cache, single frame mode render fine. The really strange thing is that the error is pretty random because i have re-cached locally from my pc no problem after, and my pc was one of the other that were storing a "wrong" cache over the manager.

In the scene there is a FumeFX simulation but is not even activated, no post effect applied.

What i´m noticing is that the flasing i get are blue or yellow, probably because of the 2 vray light source which are blue and yellow? maybe the problem is the light cache? (no special setting, i´m actually using the standard ones).

Comment

Thanks for adding more details.

Please confirm that you are using same V-Ray version on all render nodes.
        Would it be possible to attache or send the scene file to our support mail (support@chaosgroup.com) for further investigation? Then we will try to reproduce this issue here.
        Also let me know the exact 3DS Max (3DS Max Design) version and render manager that you are using.

Do you have any render elements added to the scene? If yes, please check the GI and Lighting elements. It is possible that the issue is not related to the GI.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

My collegue will make a resource collection upload on our server and send the download link at the support mail. We all use same max version (3dsmax 2011) and vray version and we render via BackBurner.

Sometimes the rendering are not flashing totally blue or yellow, just some area are bursting bright and then getting back to normal.

I´m totally confused

Thanks for the Help!

Comment

Thanks, please send us few precalculated Irr map files along with the scene file and textures.
            Looking forward to your mail.

Comment

Hi,

Any luck?

Comment

Hi,

We are testing the scene right now and will reply on your ticket as soon as we have any conclusions.

Comment

If anyone interest about this topic, it turns out that the issue is related to non V-Ray materials.

Comment

Working...
                  X