Realflow and Motionblur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realflow and Motionblur

I am using Realflow 2014 with Vray 3.0 and I am trying to render a fluid with correct motionblur with the physical camera. What I did was:

1. In Object Propierties checked "object motionblur"
    2. Physical Camera is set to "Movie mode"
    3. Phyical Camera Motion Blur is activated
    4. mesh loader says velocity: yes

With Motion Blur Strength set to 1 (in the mesh loader) i see nearly no motionblur (while other objects in the scene do blur). when i crank that up to about 20 i get lots of motion blur but in all weird directions.

There are new mblur settings in the mesh loader (like velocity min/max) but nothing in the help files about that. I wonder if they broke motionblur in those updates or if i am doing something wrong in vray.

Thanks in advance!
    Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I haven't had luck with getting mb to work with realflow meshes either. I would like to know the correct way to utilize the mesh data as well.

A hack I've used in the past is to vray proxy out the realflow mesh, but I assume it scraps the mesh data, and anything over 300k polys seems to fail on exporting the proxy.

Comment

ok cool i will try that. but i wonder if we really need to hack around this problem. for so many years mblur is working fine with scanline.

Comment

Hi Daniel,

Realflow Bin mesh should be motion blurred using your setup.
        Could you try the following setup :
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	366.8 KB
ID:	853840

*) Must be rendered from perspective view.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Tashko,

from your set up I can see you are not using the current version of the realflow importer. But anyhow I found out the following: I can render motion blur, but not in every frame of my animation (although there is motion on every frame). i am pretty sure there are bugs in the new importer. thanks

Daniel

Comment

I would be glad if someone could to try render this frame of my mesh:
            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...hres_00093.zip

Comment

Thanks Daniel, I will see if I can run a test using the 2014 realflow loader.

Comment

I did a test render using the 2014 loader and the motion blur issue was reproduced. So we have to find what changes have been made in the latest Realflow plugin and try to fix it.
                Last edited by tashko.zashev; 21-07-2014, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Ok thanks for looking into this! Don't know if it helps: there are other frames from the same simulation, where it looks like that motion blur is working :/

Do you have the same problem with the old importer plugin?

Comment

Thanks for your update.
                    I get totally different motion blur result when render same scene using Realflow plugin 2013 and 2014. We will contact Next Limit in order to find what causing this.

Comment

I am interested to know the outcome cause I may have to render mesh from real flow soon...

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
                      Little Antman
                      See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
                      Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Originally posted by jstrob View Post
                        I am interested to know the outcome cause I may have to render mesh from real flow soon...
                        We are in contact with Next Limit about this issue and trying to find what is happening. It is better to use Realflow 2013 plugin for 3DS Max for now. Version Realflow_max_2013.0.7 works fine in my tests.

Comment

Hi Daniel,

We have new information from next limit about this issue. Actually they have fixed some issues related to motion blur and the latest 2014 connectivity plugin for 3DS Max produces correct results.
                          In order to adjust the motion blur strength, you have to increase the value from the settings.

Ok thanks for looking into this! Don't know if it helps: there are other frames from the same simulation, where it looks like that motion blur is working :/
                          This is odd, can you send us example scene file with few bin meshes to test ? Just give us step by step instructions on how to reproduce it.

Comment

Sorry I don't have access to these files anymore. Was working freelance on site. But I assume the update fixes this issue, and all is working fine now.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.
                              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                              X