VraySimbiontMTL Dead still Vray 3.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VraySimbiontMTL Dead still Vray 3.0?

it Seems to be, Since Darkling studios have essentially given up on Darktree 2.0 (3.0 is meant to be on the way) is this likely a permanent situation?

Are you asking whether we will continue to include the VRaySimbiont material for Darktree 2.0?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I tried using the Symbiont material with some Darktrees that i wrote, it didn't seem to rendering anything that resembled what i assembled in the darktree editor....
      I read some older messages and it seemed to have died with Vray 2.0.
      Is this the case?
      As a registered user, i emailed Darkling Simulations and he responded by saying there will be no more symbionts for 3ds max, but that he was working on version 3.0 of Darktree shader. The Symbiont plugin stopped with max 2009.

Having recently upgraded to Max 2015, I miss the darktree shaders and maps, there doesn't really seem to be much else that has quite the ease of use and versatility that darktree does.
      Genetica, and Filter forge doesn't seem to work as a proceedural texture.

Comment

The VRaySimbiont material is a part of V-Ray 3.0 and it works fine with the DarkTree shaders that we have (which are quite old, I must admit). If you have shaders that don't work, can you send them to support@chaosgroup.com so that we can check what's wrong?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yes, sure. I'll test a few out, and send them.

Comment

Still testing them out. I found that the ones I was testing were based on the "EnhancedDT" (enhanced Darktree) shader set, and I don't think that is supported by V-ray. I did find some standard shaders that didn't render properly, and am compiling a list and trying to figure out what components make the shader fail.

One more addition to the wishlist:
            3. The ability to load Darktree MAPS as I was going to apply this map to the environment and I found that I couldn't as there is only a vray simbiont material, no map.

Comment

Enhanced DT

this is the location for enhanced DT
              http://www.shaders.org/enhance_dt/

another thing that I purchased that seems to be abandonware and not work with anything at all

Raj

Comment

Working...
              X