Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Texture map plug-in issues with VRAY DR

does anyone use the Multi-texture map from http://www.cg-source.com

the plugin works great as a stand alone, but when used with Vray DR the slaves seem to not be able to render the maps that are attached,

all maps are on a shared networked
    any ideas?, is this plugin not compatible with VRAY DR

thanks in advance

Do all your nodes have the plugin installed? I had forgotten about that after getting a render farm upgrade recently...
    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

well there is a MultiTexture_max2013_64.dlt file in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max Design 2014\plugins folfer
      in the stand alone machine and the nodes
      what looks suspicious is the Multi-Texture map plug in is for max 2013, and the max program is for 2014

Comment

yeah...

multitexture has a specific version for each version. Try using the MultiTexture_max2014_64.dlt
        Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

works fine here
          maybe try version 2.01
          Thomas recently posted an update to it
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Well.
            2016, 30.60.03.
            The same issue on DR!
            WS renders all correct, node(s) gives various result, works properly or does not use plugin. MultiTexture Map - 3ds Max2015/Max2016/Max2017/Max2018 compatible. (V2.01), the latest version.

But not only Multi Texure!
            ColorCorrect.dlt, BerconTiles.dlt, MultiTextures.dlt, ThinFilm.dlt (Siger). Various .dlts from various developers. They all could spoil the render on nodes.

In my usual pipeline I strongly forbid use any trash plugs like colorcorrect, there's native colorcorrection map, but there are many people works at current complex projects, many legacy scenes are used, and cleaning up form old plugs is unacceptable in these cases. So I try to find out the other way to solve this issue.

VRay Material or Standard could give this issue. Corona DR woks without errors. Other DR I can't check up, so I consider that is VRay DR issue.

Aleksnder.

Comment

I just run a quick test with 3dsMax 2016, V-Ray 3.60.03 and MultiTexture 2.01 and everything worked fine.
              Are you able to replicate the issue on a very sample scene like a primitive object and MultiTexture map?
              If yes, would it be possible to send us that scene along the results you got from it where we can see the discrepancies between workstation and render node?
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	ScreenShot_2018-02-19_16-16-41.png Views:	2 Size:	388.2 KB ID:	984421 Click image for larger version  Name:	ScreenShot_2018-02-19_16-16-41.png Views:	1 Size:	388.2 KB ID:	984420

Several tries to render. Distributive Render on one node, excluding local host.
                Some all ok, some skip textures due to incorrect plug's work. All textures are visible to nodes.
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d8p...ew?usp=sharing
                Last edited by turkinaos; 19-02-2018, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the scene. I tested it but again I couldn't replicate the issue.
                  Have you tried to render that scene locally on the machines that give errors when rendering via V-Ray DR?

Comment

Yes, I tried to render on node as WS. All ok.
                    And then I try to DR and get sometimes proper render, sometimes the issue

Comment

How often it gives the error? What about 3dsMax version and service pack, can you double check that it's the same across the machines?

Comment

I've tesed several times in various combinations.
                        C1 → C2 means run test from C1 as workstation with DR on C2, no local host render.

my physical WS → physycal node = all ok.
                        my physical WS → virtual node = not ok
                        physycal node → my physical WS = ok
                        physycal node → virtual node = not ok
                        virtual node → physycal node = ok
                        virtual node → my physical WS = ok
                        virtual node → virtual node = not ok

'not ok' means 50% of ten renders gives the issue. BTW, good and bad are interleaving.
                        If not use 'Restart server on render end', the render is always the same, bad or good.

It was an idea that all problem plugins (ColorCorrect.dlm, BerconTiles.dlt, Multitextures.dlt) had been installed via simple copying to the folder Plugins, so it could be some issues with permitions of these files.

The user 'render' on nodes is an local admin. We changed running spawner to 'start as admin'. It doesn't help.

All nodes are the clones, so the versions and the set of plugins are identical.

Now we must understand what difference between virtual an physycal nodes.

Workstations (and physicle node) i7-7700 @3.60GHz 64Gb, Win 10, Win 7
                        Virtual nodes i7-3770 @3.40GHz 32-24Gb, Win 7

Comment

update: physical node goes the same weird way like virtual adter rebooting

Comment

Thanks for the detailed info.
                            I noticed some of the machines are on Win10 while others are on Win7.
                            Can we try a DR job between machines with the same version of Windows?
                            Another thing is the way that DR spawner is started - can we try with manually started spawner?
                            Not sure how the spawners are runned currently, but I need to know if the issue is there when they are started manually, not from a windows service.

Comment

Hi!
                              no.
                              All nodes are clones. Win 7
                              WS Win10 and Win7.

WS (Win7, Win10) → any Node = not ok.
                              WS (Win7, Win10) → any WS (Win7, Win10) = all ok.

---
                              Start manually DR Spawner? Fast tries give good resault.
                              Will try more carefully...

Comment

Working...
                              X