Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRayMtl Fog Color not accepting maps the same as other channels with Forest Pack Pro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayMtl Fog Color not accepting maps the same as other channels with Forest Pack Pro.

I'm having an issue with VRayMtl and the fog color slot when using Forest Pack Pro's, Forest Color map. With the Forest Color map, every element can be assigned a solid color from the underlying map. This works great with the diffuse channel, refraction, reflection, Back-side color, self illumination, glossiness, roughness, even Anisotropy's rotation slot works with it. But I can't get it to work with the Fog color. In the Fog color slot, fog only takes the default color/map from the Forest Color map and ignores all the other slots and customization, most importantly the Tint Override which allows us to apply a solid color per element.

I've also contacted iToo Software and got this as a response "I´m afraid, that actually there is no workaround for this. In case of VRay's Fog color the shader doesn't get the base object information, so the Forest Color can't be evaluated. Not sure if VRayMtl is designed like that by some technical limitation, or it's bug."

Seems odd that all of the other maps slots that I've tried work fine with the Forest Color map, but Fog Color won't. Am I missing something here that makes it technically impossible to do? Or is this actually a bug?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you give me a scene for this problem?
    Also which V-Ray and Forest pack version you are using?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hey Tashko, sorry getting back so late. Been really busy the past month.

The problem happens with any version of V-Ray. Using 3.00.08 right now. And has happened with the last few releases of Forest Pack Pro, but probably all of them. Currently on version 4.2.5.

I attached a simple scene to demonstrate the issue that is easy to replicate. With only the map in diffuse or refract checked, and it will render as it should, with the object grabbing the color from the map below. You can move it to any slot and it will work as it should. Except with fog. With only fog checked, it applies the whole map to the object if you are using explicit UVs, or local mapping if using a procedural with Object XYZ, and ignores the solid color that the Forest Color map should assign to the object.

Hopefully this will help you track down the issue.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much for the file.
        The issue was reproduced even with the latest V-Ray /Forest pack versions and I have already logged it to our bug tracker.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X