Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxscript function to change Output Size doesn't seem to work

Hi All,
    I wanted to change the Render output size in maxscript but the function don't seem to work. I use:

Code:
    renderers.current.output_width = 1024
    renderers.current.output_height = 576
    But when I open the Render Settings window, Width and Height are still in the default values (640 x 480). The output size is set to custom.
    Funny thing is that if I query the values like
    Code:
    print current.output_width
    it returns the value I attempted to change (1024 in this case), but this doesn't get reflected in the render settings window. And if I try to render the image it outputs at 640x480.

This made me wonder if the parameters for Output Size Width and Height are not the ones I am changing, although using
    Code:
    showproperties renderers.current
    I can't seem to find any other parameter that might have something to do with it.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by MegaLeon; 18-08-2014, 02:32 AM. Reason: typo in title

There's an issue with the render dialog not updating it's visible values when you change them via maxscript so you've to add in renderSceneDialog.close() at the start and renderSceneDialog.open() at the end to see some updates.

Comment

If you are looking to change the 3ds Max render resolution (as opposed to the V-Ray VFB settings), you should use the renderWidth and renderHeight global MaxScript variables, like this:
      Code:
      renderWidth=1024
      renderHeight=576
      Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X