Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Environment Fog not lockable to Object XYZ coordinates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Environment Fog not lockable to Object XYZ coordinates?

If I have a Vray environment fog that uses an object as it's gizmo is it possible to apply a gradient ramp within a textures that effects the fog so that the map reliably runs from top to bottom or left to right across the extent of the object dimensions?

I had set up a fog with a gradient ramp using 'Planar for object XYZ' mapping. It appeared to be behaving as I imagined it would but then I moved the object and realised that the gradient ramp in the fog did not move with it.
    The gradient ramp follows the object around when I test it in a simple diffuse material but once the same ramp is plugged into a fog texture it seems to be locked into a space all of it's own.

I've tried a few things - resetting x-form and playing with all the mapping settings (I thought if I adjusted the offset I could get the ramp roughly back running top to bottom of the object itself as it should) but these have no effect.
    I see that the documentation recommends using World XYZ with env fog but I don't understand how you could set up a gradient ramp in world coordinates. Which points would it run between?

Anyway, is this just not possible with Vray environment fog or am I missing something? I've tried this in 2 separate scenes now and get the same problems with both.
    I'm using Max 2012 and Vray 3 if that has any bearing on it. Thanks

I don't think that Object XYZ coordinates are supported so far - it seems that World XYZ ones are used instead.
    We'll make a note about it into our system.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Actually Object XYZ should work - it's how I rendered this image here:
      http://docs.chaosgroup.com/download/...9353000&api=v2

Not sure if this works for mesh gizmos though - will have to check.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It doesn't work on my side even with Atmospheric Gizmos (3.00.07):

Comment

Then it's most definitely broken - put in in Mantis along with the scene so that we can fix it.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

This issue has been fixed for the next service pack.
            Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 14-01-2016, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X