Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR issues Vray 3

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has noticed this but since upgrading to Vray 3, DR spawners need to be active on all slaves before you hit 'render' on the workstation machine otherwise they will not join the rendering.

IN Vray 2 this wasn't the case, you could turn on a spawner on a slave machine mid-render and it would eventually join in...

Is this a deliberate change ? Its not exactly a deal breaker, but personally I found it was handy to have that flexibility in Vray 2.

This was a bug in the earlier 3.x versions but it is already fixed.
    I've just run a quick test with 3.00.08 and the slave machine successfully join the job even if vray-spawner is started in the middle of the rendering.

Which version/service pack of V-Ray/3DSMax/OS you are using?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
      I'm running 3.15.01, ( I was sent a newer build for compatability for my Maxwell graphics card for RT)
      and doesn't seem to work for me.

Comment

Is the slave machine listed in the DR servers list on the client machine? It will only join if it was in the list from the start.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Also, are the client and server machines all the same V-Ray versions?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by cam_910 View Post
            Thanks for the reply,
            I'm running 3.15.01, ( I was sent a newer build for compatability for my Maxwell graphics card for RT)
            and doesn't seem to work for me.
            I've just run a quick test with the latest available internal build and I can confirm that it works.
            Can you send me the build that you have installed in your environment?

Would it be possible to try to render a completely new scene with a few basic primitives and a few lights?
            Try to not use any pre-made scenes/geometries and etc - run a quick test and then send us V-Ray log files from the workstation and the slave machine for investigation.

Thank you very much in advance.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

It seems I have some other issues...perhaps could be related?
              See this thread http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...ring-Wont-Work

I have sent a log from my workstation through to support - Support Ticket Opened [#908507]

Comment

Working...
              X