Last bucket(s) stuck in build 3.00.08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last bucket(s) stuck in build 3.00.08

I am rendering an animation at the moment that gets to the last 2 or 3 buckets in about 6 minutes and takes another 6 minutes to finish them. I am rendering using DR and its the local workstation that always ends up with them. Its like the DR slave gives up just before the finish line Using universal settings with noise threshold at 0.003 and min shading rate at 32.

Hmm strange, it appears to only happen on the first frame, the second frame rendered in 6 minutes. I will keep an eye on it and see if it happens again down the line.

Comment

Nope there are still some inconsistencies between frames. Not sure if this is anything to do with V-Ray or if its just a hardware/network issue as one PC is slightly more powerful than the other.

Comment

the same here!

Comment

Originally posted by AndresAhumada View Post
          the same here!
          I am glad I am not the only one I had frames jump from 6 minutes to 12 then back to 9 and sometimes even 20 minutes. Its a simple 360 degree object rotation with some motion blur that is in full view in every frame so I wouldn't have thought times would change that much. I gave up in the end and rendering frame by frame on each PC separately. It seems consistent at about 25 mins a frame.

Comment

If you render an animation, doing it frame by frame is the most efficient method - don't use DR for this!

Other than that, can you tell me how many machines do you use for DR? There is a known issue with DR at the end of the render when the slaves remain without work - they keep asking the client machine for things to do, and the client machine has no time to process the actual render results. It's something that we need to fix.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Just two machines, however the last remaining buckets that get stuck are the host machine. The slave seems to stop working prematurely.

Comment

Hi James,

Is it scene dependent? If yes, please send us the file to run a test in our environment.
                Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
                  Hi James,

Is it scene dependent? If yes, please send us the file to run a test in our environment.
                  Not sure if its the same for all scenes as I haven't had a chance to test. I will gather up the files and send it to you when I get a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesCutler View Post
                    Not sure if its the same for all scenes as I haven't had a chance to test. I will gather up the files and send it to you when I get a moment.
                    When convenient, please send all details and files directly to our support mail (support@chaosgroup.com). Thank you.
                    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                    X