Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.00.08 Distributing Rendering

on the dr-slave:

[2014/Oct/23|13:32:31] Reading scene file "C:\DOCUME~1\thomas\LOCALS~1\Temp\vrsc
    ene_20204.txt"
    [2014/Oct/23|13:32:31] error: Error in file "C:\DOCUME~1\thomas\LOCALS~1\Temp\vr
    scene_20204.txt", line 1: Expected identifier

vray creates a zero-byte file and the dr-slave crashes

I had it before with vray4xsi, the problem was the jpg-files. but now I can use a non-textured ver simple scene (plane/box/sun/sky) with same behaviour

best, thomas

3dsmax2013 both xp64

...same with a win7-slave

Comment

it works with the vrayspawner...but do I have to install 3dsmax on every machine?

(and it works on the slave only with 20%, but with http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...han-quad/page2, I could fix it (Bitmap Perfomance-Issue) )

Comment

Hi,

Are you exporting a Vrscene file from 3DS Max and rendering via Standalone?
        Could you post the Vrscene file you are trying to render?

Please provide as much details as you can about this problem.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi,
          no, just toggle "distributing rendering", start the standalone-server withe the "-server"-option, the standalone-server starts but stops immediatly with the error below. the txt-file is created but without any content...
          I tried it with only a plane, a box and default vrsky/sun/camera

I had the problem with vray4xsi, there was the problem with jpg-files and compression (?!), but here no textures are used....

Comment

The DR rendering process in V-Ray for 3DS max is different then the one used for V-Ray XSI. In 3ds Max you must have 3DS Max installed on all render nodes (this is in case that you are rendering directly from 3DS max GUI using V-Ray advanced engine ) and the V-Ray plugin in Workstation or 3DS Max render slave installation type. 3ds Max on the salve machines doesn't need to be started at all, so you don't need a separate license for it.

Note that:
            If you create a fresh install of 3ds Max on a machine, you will need run at least one Backburner job with this machine as a server, before you can use the machine for distributed rendering.
            For more details please see the DR section of our online documentation :http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...uted+Rendering

There is another approach, which will be similar to the one used for XSI, where you could export a Vrscene file from 3ds Max (right click menu > Vrscene exporter) and setup the render process through the V-Ray Standalone application on the workstation. Then run V-Ray Standalone on each render slave node in Server mode.

Please let me know if you have any questions or difficulties again with the DR setup.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X