Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 3.0 and Wibu Driver Licence problems

Hi guys,

Trying to install VRay 3.0 as a render slave on a Networked PC.

When I try and launch VRay 3.0 License server I get this error, 'Wibu Runtime System not installed!' I was under the impression that VRay 3.0 installer would install Wibu/servers etc..., but, I noticed no Wibu system is installed like it used to on previous versions of VRay. Do I need to find and install Wibu drivers/program myself now?

Thanks,

UPDATE:

So I installed Wibu drivers myself. Wibu can find the dongle on the network PC although I am not sure the settings I am applying are working. When I start VRay License I get the following error 'One of the following licenses are required: Wibukey 25*8*7:***81*1 - Failure reason: The specified WibuKey subsystem is not available (3

UPDATE:

Uninstalled any Wibu and VRay installations. Re installing VRay 3 I now get the option to install Wibu but still get the Failure reason.

I will try just render slave install, see if that works.
    Last edited by danieljhatton; 28-10-2014, 12:01 PM.
    Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

WIBU-KEY driver is included in V-Ray installer , however it depends on installation type you have chosen.
    It is installed with "Workstation" installation type only as it includes V-Ray license server.
    Regarding the error that you get it is most probably due to option "WkLan option" enabled in WIBU-KEY settings, this will search the dongle over the network,
    Please open Control Panel> WibuKey , then click on Network tab and make sure to un-check "WkLan" option , then click OK and try to start V-Ray license server again.

Let us know if this helps.
    Best regards,
    Tanya Metodieva
    Technical Support Representative

Comment

Thanks Tania,

I am still continuing to have problems. As far as I can tell everything is set up correctly. On my main machine, where the dongle is installed is 192.168.0.1. My Slave, which now has a Slave Installation, VRay Spawner is pointing to the Main machine and runs without error. When rendering a test scene the Slave is not responding. (VRay Message Log Window).

When looking at the Status of WibuKey on the Main machine I can see this in the log.

10.28 17:09:34:727: Connection L00024 ("wibuke64" at slave) closed.
      10.28 17:09:41:857: Logon received from "" at slave.
      10.28 17:09:41:857: Connected as L00025, no slot allocated.
      10.28 17:09:41:861: Connection L00025 ("" at slave) closed.
      10.28 17:09:41:875: Logon received from "wibuke64" at slave.
      10.28 17:09:41:875: Connected as L00026, no slot allocated.
      10.28 17:10:19:090: Connection L00026 ("wibuke64" at slave) closed.
      Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

Tania,

The problem is the embree setting in VRay. It's Not compatible with the old Dual Xeon server I am trying to run.

Now I am wondering if embree enabled on my main machine is going to be equal time saving as having it unticked and having my slave render too.

Looks like I am going to have to do some comparisons.

I would imagine there maybe quite a lot of users getting DR crashes like this by having embree going to old machines. Might be an idea to incorporate a simple text notice for this in the VRay settings where the tick box is.

Is there no way to allow one server to use embree and another not?

Thanks for your help.
        Last edited by danieljhatton; 29-10-2014, 04:15 AM. Reason: embree
        Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

Which is the exact V-Ray version that you are using? I think this crashes has been fixed.
          It is not possible to send the scene with different states of the Embree option - this will cause even more troubles since there will be bucket discrepancies between machines which use Embree and the ones that don't.
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I have 3.00.08 installed everywhere. I have just done a network render with Embree and the xeon didn't crash so... The old xeon must be compatible. Didn't think it was.

Everything is working now. Cant put my finger on what the problems were.

Thanks.
            Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

Did you run the latest test with the same scene or another one is used?
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
              X