HairAndFur MrPrim warning: Invalid geometric normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HairAndFur MrPrim warning: Invalid geometric normal

I keep getting this annoying warning, I am about to render a very long animation, and I hope it won't flicker...

After struggling for 12 hours on how to isolate the problem, it is actually coming from the VrayFur object!!!!
    If I hide them it is fine... I can't have both HairAndFur and VrayFur at the same time... Which is making my setup for rendering a hell, not to mention I didn't sleep thinking that the problem was coming from HairAndFur...

Comment

If I don't do anything, the HairAndFur object is rendering without a consistent number of hairs in time, revealing portions of the skin... HELP!!!

Comment

Update, nope even without the VrayFur it is not working...

Comment

I am fucked

Comment

Showing beautiful stills for a month and can't render animation...

Comment

Update, if I turn off the motion blur, it seems to be ok

Comment

Do you have the scene for this that you can send to support@chaosgroup.com so that we can check what is wrong with it and fix it?

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok I will do that when I am finished with this project... A lot of point cached animation, need to see if I can send you something light and still buggy.

Comment

hmm, huge flickering in VrayHair, when HairAndFur don't flicker at all...
                    Could it be because I parented my Vray light to a scaled animated object?

Comment

Probably has nothing to do with Vray, I love this render by the way, but issues with pointcahe also... saving xmesh for everything now... i am doomed with this shot.

Comment

Well, it might have been better to go with something like Ornatrix or HairFarm... I don't know that anyone has been too thrilled to work with Hair&Fur.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                        X