Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backburner Frame Freezes after render done when DOF and Motionblur in Vraycam is on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner Frame Freezes after render done when DOF and Motionblur in Vraycam is on

Hi Vray Friends,

just wondering if anyone else encountered this before.

I have an animation i want to render via backburner. Everythings fine, it`s quite a large scene ( ski hill, trees, few houses etc.).
    Normally this is the stuff which makes trouble, but now everything renders fine, ram etc. all good.(i think...).

But now
    ( i had some of those aerial shots projects before and discovered that freeze before from time to time
    and didn`t know why and just came around using zdepth and reelsmart but now i can spot it to the camera settings, i think)
    when i turn on DOF and Motionblur the frame still renders fine but then freezes when it should save the frame to disc. huh?
    DOF off and only Moblur works.

That`s why i`m asking you guys,
    i think i don`t get it at all because it seems to be not a memory or that "super large still render with no more ram left to save it" problem.
    OLIKA
    www.olika.de

What V-Ray/3DSMax/BB versions are used?
    When rendering via BB are you using multiple machines like a farm or V-Ray DR?
    What file format you are using for output files? It would be a good idea to try .vrimg file format.
    What is the final resolution of the image and how many render elements are active? Have you tried to render on smaller res?
    What happens if you DOF is enabled but MB is not?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply Svetlozar!
      Oh man... after trying plenty different combinations which didn`t work, i came back to your question of the used Versions.
      Installing the new 3.0.0.8 Version on EVERY machine did it! hrrrr shame on me
      OLIKA
      www.olika.de

Comment

Glad to hear that you've sorted it out.
        Let us know if it happens again.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X