VrayClipper -- not working with VrayAmbientLight and VrayDirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayClipper -- not working with VrayAmbientLight and VrayDirt

I'm using VrayDirt with VrayAmbientLight.

When I use the Vray clipper on a single (small) object, the lighting changes in the whole scene. It gets brighter, not by a lot but easily noticeable... and it is not because the small object's geometry is being clipped. That should have almost no effect on lighting.

Just FYI, I have gone into VrayDirt and Excluded the VrayClipper from the Results Affect (if I don't do this, the scene becomes extremely dark).

I have a heavy deadline right now, so I can't send samples, but I'm wondering if Vlado or anybody knows a workaround.

There are options in the clipper whether to affect lighting and whether to clip light geometry - have you tried playing with them?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes. I have tried those switches. No difference. I think it's treating Vrayambient differently than regular light -- probably because of the VrayDirtmap.

I attached some simple samples. Only lighting is VrayAmbient with VrayDirt light map. No GI.

Vray Clipper is set to include only sphere. The VrayDirt Exclude and Results Affects boxes are set to exclude VrayClipper (or renders look super dark - see third sample).

VrayClipper affect lights and clip lights switches are off (but on is the same).

The variations of the renders below are written in the frame stamp. It gets really weird when VrayClipper "enabled" is turned off while Include on Clipper is set to one object (at least if the Exclude/Results Affect in VrayDirt is also enabled for the clipper) -- see third render.

But my main problem is the first rendering. Notice the weird shadow pattern on floor and torus. Torus also seems to be cutout by sphere (which is actually an interesting affect and maybe desirable -- but not with the shadow problem).

I should say that I think VrayClipper is absolutely excellent as a tool -- I just would love to see the AO effect working with it.

Note - the last rendering is normal with the clipper deleted -- just for sake of comparison.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayclipper shadow problem.png
Views:	1
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	854748Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayclipper not enabled.png
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	854747Click image for larger version

Name:	vray clipper no results affect or exclude on dirt.png
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	854746Click image for larger version

Name:	vray clipper deleted.png
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	854745

Comment

Hm, I see. It should be working if the "work with transparency" option of the vraydirt is enabled, but I think it may still be wrong - will try to fix it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Very good point. I didn't think about the transparency switch. I suspect I had it disabled but I'll have to check.

Comment

Well, I didn't have Work with Transparency turned on -- BUT unfortunately, that doesn't fix it. It renders exactly the same problematic way once it is enabled... at least for the first test scenario I showed above. I didn't test each variation.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for trying. I managed to reproduce your issue here and we'll try to fix it.

Best Regards,
              Yavor
              Yavor Rubenov
              V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X