LwnsEffect Glare and Bloom Masks broken for Object and Mat ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LwnsEffect Glare and Bloom Masks broken for Object and Mat ID

I'm on 3.10.03 on 2013 and I can't get either the Bloom or Glare mask to work using the Object ID or Mat ID (Intensity works fine). Even on a simple scene, such as a sphere light or ball with a vraylightmtl, setting the object ID or the Mat ID just results in a black mask channel. If I set the mask to "0" t creates a fully white mask but anythign else makes it all black. Is it broke or am I missing something? This is my first install of vray 3 so I'm not sure if it's new to 3.10.03 or if it's always been there but I thought this worked when I was on 2.4.

I attached a test scene but really it's just two boxes and a light. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

This is a known issue which is already reported into our bug-tracking system but it is not fixed yet.
    We'll let you know when we have some updates on that regard.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
      This is a known issue which is already reported into our bug-tracking system but it is not fixed yet.
      We'll let you know when we have some updates on that regard.
      Is this fixed in the latest version? I'm on 3.30.03 and am running into a similar problem.

Comment

We are sorry to report but the issue is not fixed yet.

Comment

I cannot get anything but black, when I use intensity masks. I've tried a good range (1-3) and it just comes all black.
          And there are plenty of areas in the unclamped render that are well above value of 2.0)
          The lens effect obviously does nothing to the image unless un-checking the masks completely.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	le capt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	859815
          I can't be certain of the build, but it was working great around 12-24-2015.
          Now I am using 3.3 with max2014
          Enjoying the update to version 3 except for this annoying issue, so best of luck to chaosgroup making the vray lens effects will work.

Comment

sorry about the hijack, crazy.
            Seems to work okay now, using very low numbers, like 0.25 for the intensity masks

Comment

Yeap - Lens Effects masks are currently broken, this is widely discussed on the forums and via email.
              The priority is already set to high but it seems it is not so easy to be fixed, we'll keep you posted in case of any updates.

Comment

Honestly I would rather just a simple output that is only glare that can be applied as a screen or add layer. Right now it needs to be differenced, subtracted, or something or other depending on what software you use. A simple glare pass that is nothing but black except where there is glare would be much more useful to me.

Currently I use the glare tool below. It is awesome as it generates that pass I described above but it requires extra steps as it is a stand alone application.
                http://www.evvisual.com/glare/

Comment

Originally posted by crazy homeless guy View Post
                  Honestly I would rather just a simple output that is only glare that can be applied as a screen or add layer. Right now it needs to be differenced, subtracted, or something or other depending on what software you use. A simple glare pass that is nothing but black except where there is glare would be much more useful to me.

Currently I use the glare tool below. It is awesome as it generates that pass I described above but it requires extra steps as it is a stand alone application.
                  http://www.evvisual.com/glare/
                  That does look good, is it still available?

Comment

Originally posted by voltron7 View Post
                    That does look good, is it still available?
                    I think so. You would have to email Guillermo. I work with him so I have a copy that way. Let me know if you want his email and I will send it to you via private msg.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy homeless guy View Post
                      I think so. You would have to email Guillermo. I work with him so I have a copy that way. Let me know if you want his email and I will send it to you via private msg.

Yes, please, and thank you.

Comment

Lens Effects material/object ID masks bug has been fixed for the next official service pack.

Comment

Is this fixed in 3.5.03 as I don't seem to get anything with mat ID or object ID?
                          Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
                          I need a new signature
                          --
                          Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
                          ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

It is fixed but you need to set those IDs *before* rendering.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

aah! Yes! Ok thanks for the tip ;¬)
                              Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
                              I need a new signature
                              --
                              Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
                              ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Working...
                              X